Which portable EMS unit to purchase?

farupp

I am looking for recommendations about which portable 30 amp EMS unit to use on my TT. I have read several "testimonials" about Progressive units. But which one should I look for? There are several EMS-PT30X units on eBay along with SSP-30XL units. The descriptions make them all sound similar but there prices imply they are different.

We will be traveling to numerous campgrounds in the east and west and I want to be safe. Thanks for the input.

Fox

You don't specify if you're looking for a (Progressive Industries) 30A or 50A (ooops, disregard) but the older units don't have the front bubble, otherwise I believe they're the same. Go with an EMS system vs the surge only.

From what I'm hearing the company has been sold and now carries lesser coverage on them.

avvidclif

Start here. https://www.progressiveindustries.net/portable-hardwired-comparisons

There are surge suppressors only (SSP Series) and then the EMS Series which have surge protection and over/under voltage protection plus a readout that shows voltage, current, and error codes. The chart will show the differences.

There are 2 main companies and I would only use Progressive Industries as they have a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser as long as you buy it from an authorized dealer. Most Ebay sellers don't count, and when I bought mine the dealer was cheaper than Ebay. I use the hard wired version. Never have to worry about forgetting it or it being stolen. Also has a remote display that I can check easily.

My 2 cents.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
You don't specify if you're looking for a (Progressive Industries) 30A or 50A (ooops, disregard) but the older units don't have the front bubble, otherwise I believe they're the same. Go with an EMS system vs the surge only.

From what I'm hearing the company has been sold and now carries lesser coverage on them.

Progressive industries website shows that their products still carry lifetime warranties on them.
https://www.progressiveindustries.net/warranty

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We have a Surgeguard 30 amp EMS and a Progressive industry 50 amp EMS. Both have worked great. I generally carry both and use depending on what Electric we are tying into at the campground.