Bighorn Traveler 32RS Mods

Chrisandsama

Well the first 2 photos are not necessarily mods to the 5th wheel but it will allow me to get more done to it in less than good weather and keep the sun from ruining it. Honestly I could spend every day upgrading something on it. More pics coming soon of the mods I already have done.

Attachments

• 20190505_190400.jpg
    20190505_190400.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 124
  • 20190511_110827.jpg
    20190511_110827.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 122

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
I finally took care of the issues I’ve been having with the ceiling fan. On hot days, there is only so much ambiance one can take.
This is a Maxxair deluxe and it does deliver!

3A30539B-C848-4574-B1DD-D213B1367DBF.jpg

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Yes, I did. I was surprised how easy it was to take the ceiling fan apart, separate the wiring, cut a hole in the roof, pop it in and wire it up. There was even a dedicated 12vdc wire there so I didn’t have to fish one.
I’m going to replace the one in the bathroom and add one in the bedroom with the same model fan.

Chrisandsama

Yes, I did. I was surprised how easy it was to take the ceiling fan apart, separate the wiring, cut a hole in the roof, pop it in and wire it up. There was even a dedicated 12vdc wire there so I didn’t have to fish one.
I’m going to replace the one in the bathroom and add one in the bedroom with the same model fan.

I have a second air conditioner in the bedroom, the ceiling fan is useless and will be coming out thanks to your idea. And i will upgrade the bath fan to the max air.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Turn off the 15 amp 120v circuit breaker labeled fan then the 15 amp 12v fuse labeled fan (the second one surprised me). I also disconnected the wire from the 120 breaker so if someone accidentally turned it on, it doesn’t go anywhere. I taped the Wago connectors and the tucked the 120v wire out of the way.

I drilled four holes in the corners of the cut out, went up and cut and peeled back the roofing material then sawed the pressboard out as well as the wood block that held the fan make up box.

Test fit, drilled pilot holes, generously apply Dicor, separate out the eight screws that don’t work and screw it down. Fit the housing making sure you don’t crimp the new wires.

Wire the fan to the existing red and red black strip wires, replace the 12v fuse turn on the switch that says ceiling fan and test.

The trim ring didn’t even need to be cut, it just fit.

This is took a little over three hours to complete.

Our bedroom has the ac unit also though when we are done installing our solar the fan will work better.

Chrisandsama

Turn off the 15 amp 120v circuit breaker labeled fan then the 15 amp 12v fuse labeled fan (the second one surprised me). I also disconnected the wire from the 120 breaker so if someone accidentally turned it on, it doesn’t go anywhere. I taped the Wago connectors and the tucked the 120v wire out of the way.

I drilled four holes in the corners of the cut out, went up and cut and peeled back the roofing material then sawed the pressboard out as well as the wood block that held the fan make up box.

Test fit, drilled pilot holes, generously apply Dicor, separate out the eight screws that don’t work and screw it down. Fit the housing making sure you don’t crimp the new wires.

Wire the fan to the existing red and red black strip wires, replace the 12v fuse turn on the switch that says ceiling fan and test.

The trim ring didn’t even need to be cut, it just fit.

This is took a little over three hours to complete.

Our bedroom has the ac unit also though when we are done installing our solar the fan will work better.

Great write up, I will document with some install pics when i do mine.

Chrisandsama

Wire Mod1.jpgWire Mod.jpg
I have learned so much from this forum, Jerrod Jess and Jim Beletti are the kings of Mods. I built and installed this jewel this weekend. Have not installed the flasher yet.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well the first 2 photos are not necessarily mods to the 5th wheel but it will allow me to get more done to it in less than good weather and keep the sun from ruining it. Honestly I could spend every day upgrading something on it. More pics coming soon of the mods I already have done.

View attachment 62792View attachment 62791
I have learned so much from this forum, Jerrod Jess and Jim Beletti are the kings of Mods. I built and installed this jewel this weekend. Have not installed the flasher yet.

I love the RV cover, I'm jealous.

Nice job on the box. I use a Mag flashlight holder to hold the plug on the box when not hitched... Keep up the nice work.

Chrisandsama

I love the RV cover, I'm jealous.

Nice job on the box. I use a Mag flashlight holder to hold the plug on the box when not hitched... Keep up the nice work.
Lol I got it ordered I love Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m assuming you put in a watertight junction box, replacing that original pos? What flasher?
Check out project LM 365, the 7 way plug in his index of mods

Chrisandsama

So I haven't posted anything new in a couple months but I have been busy with mods off and on. I will try to get more pics on here in between the rain and the cold here in southern Illinois. I have almost finished my basement expansion/cleanup and it is coming along nicely as weather permits. I have been wanting to add onto my OneControl since the only thing it currently did was auto leveling and is capable of so much more, I understand its a cost issue but there are a lot cheaper other brands out there that use it to its potential, but i guess that would leave me with one less thing to modify. So I found a new 5 channel with hydraulic multifunction board on ebay for $46 delivered. It was listed for just under 200 but they must have sat on it too long so dropped the price so i snatched it up! if it didn't work i wasn't out much. I spent this afternoon hooking power to it and using my remote to program it and although it is not wired to my slides and awning yet the outputs work as they should and i am pleased. Copy of 5positionswitch.jpg