Early 2017 BH3575el Insignia 48" TV HDMI input issues

SNOKING

We got back from Arizona and the Insignia 48"TV is having problems dropping the HDMI input intermittently. So I tried playing a DVD on the Sony Blue Ray player that was connected via component RGB video and Red/White audio, and it worked fine. So I switched those cable to the Directv box and it is working fine.

Has anyone else had issues with there Insignia TV HDMI inputs dropping inputs. I tried several different HDMI cables with similar results.

Is it time for a new TV? I never have thought much of this TV, as it is really slow to process commands.

Chris

Bogie

It may not be the TV. HDMI cables can go bad even if they look perfectly fine. Try a brand new cable first.

SNOKING

It may not be the TV. HDMI cables can go bad even if they look perfectly fine. Try a brand new cable first.

I tried the HDMI cable that is working fine on the bedroom TV, plus two others. Both of the HDMI ports are doing the same thing. Chris

Bogie

Does the DVD player have an HDMI output or do you have another piece of equipment to try? If you try that and still have the same problem, i would suspect the board in the TV. :( Most TV's today have only one or two circuit boards. Even if available and you are comfortable replacing a board in the TV, it may not be much cheaper than buying a new TV. Another low cost option would be to buy a component cable switch like THIS.

SNOKING

I will try that tomorrow. I had a Roku on the second HDMI, so the DVD player was on component connection.

Another thing is the trailer sat from the end of Sept to yesterday with only three 100-150 watt air driers plugged in. It does have a metal roof and was in fine shape after its first winter alone in the NW Washington winter.

Attachments

• IMG_20180910_173925_1.jpg
    IMG_20180910_173925_1.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 15

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
We got back from Arizona and the Insignia 48"TV is having problems dropping the HDMI input intermittently. So I tried playing a DVD on the Sony Blue Ray player that was connected via component RGB video and Red/White audio, and it worked fine. So I switched those cable to the Directv box and it is working fine.

Has anyone else had issues with there Insignia TV HDMI inputs dropping inputs. I tried several different HDMI cables with similar results.

Is it time for a new TV? I never have thought much of this TV, as it is really slow to process commands.

Chris

All of our HDMI cables were bad from the factory. I replaced them all within a week of owning the coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

It turns out both the Sony BluRay player and the Roku work fine on HDMI to the TV. Directv is sending me a replacement Geni Gen 2. I have also found that the built in HDMI cable from the face plate in the cabinet down to the TV it T-U. I bought one new HDMI at wally world will use that of the Roku, and I ordered a new high quality 8' HDMI cable for the Directv sat box. The BluRay will go back to the RBG component cables, as the TV only has two HDMI inputs. Chris