EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: SC, Charleston - 4/30/2020 to 5/3/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Lil Guy'

Re: EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: SC, Charlestion - 4/30/2020 to 5/3/2020

Debbie and I would love to take the Harbor Tour. Do we make our own reservations or will it be thru the club? Thanks in advance.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Great question :) - The tour is part of the rally therefore individual booking is not required.

Nabo

Question - is there an interest to do a tour of the H.L. Hunley? The H.L. Hunley is open only on the weekends and would be an additional cost. If there is enough interest, I will make contact about possible a Saturday tour.
1-10-2020 - UPDATE: private tour on Thursday April 30, cost $20 per person. Need at least 50 people for private tour.

Last edited:

Nabo

With only 7 days until Christmas
Merry Christmas.jpg
To All

Toccoatravelers

Good Morning Nathan and Byrd,
Wanted to let you know we made our reservation! Arriving on April 28 and leaving on May 4. Yes to Harbor tour and Hunley Tour. See y’all in Tampa! Merry Christmas ����

Nabo

Glad to have you Steve and Patti. Merry Christmas and see you at the Tampa Show.

8paws

Joe and I will be attenind the rally. Arriving on the Tuesday before the rally starts. Please put us down for the tour. Joe and Linda Shejbal

Nabo

Fantastic Linda - glad to have you and Joe.

​Merry Christmas

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders

We are interested in the Hunley tour.

Merry Christmas to all!

DebiMac

Byrd & Nathan, please sign up John and me (John and Debi MacVie) for your Charleston Rally. We’ve reserved a spot at Oak Plantation starting 4/28 thru 5/3. Please sign us up for whatever events you have! Thanks!

OK...just went to look at the announcement post...we’ll get the $$ to you soon. Also, is there any way we could get a tour of downtown Charleston? There’s a huge amount of history there...stuff from before we were a country! And downtown is not conducive to big trucks so a touring vehicle would be much better.

Also, we received a confirmation number from the RV park but no assignment. We asked for site in the NN or OO rows. Those are the best for big rigs - and it’s usually where they put the RV for big rig rallies.

- - - Updated - - -

Signed up with the park. Ariving on the 28th and leaving on the 4th. Debbie will get you a check in the near future for the $50.00. Looking forward to meeting the SE Region members. We'll be bringing Margaritaville for the trip if the park has enough power available to light it up.
We've scheduled a trip including stopping off for the Mississippi rally just ahead of this one with a stay in Florida before heading up to Charleston.
Again, looking forward to meeting everyone at the rally. Later and have a great day.
Whoo hoo!

DebiMac

Byrd & Nathan,

A couple places you could recommend near the RV park...
- Swig & Swine - really good BBQ place just down the street.
- Low Tide Brewing - good (and popular) craft brewery on Johns Island
- Firefly Distillery on Wadmalaw Island

There’s a Publix (grocery store) around the corner and a Costco down the street.

If we think of others, well add to the post.

Nabo

Thanks Deb - others will be interested in this info.

We are currently working with a couple of different caterers on some menu ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

From Deb "Also, is there any way we could get a tour of downtown Charleston? There’s a huge amount of history there...stuff from before we were a country! And downtown is not conducive to big trucks so a touring vehicle would be much better."

Glad to have ya'll coming to the rally. Will add ya to the list.

As for a downtown tour as a group - no deal in that it's a popular tourist time therefore none of the downtown tour groups want to work with us getting a group tour (bummer). It's also after the historic house tour time (March to 1st of April) so that's out too. Still working on other outside tours/plantation homes so stay tune.

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

- - - Updated - - -

Whoo hoo![/QUOTE]

Uh-oh. Looks like Margaritaville just got a little bit rowdier.lol

jbeletti

The Beletti plans have changed. We now plan to attend the rally "with our RV". Just got off the phone with Amanda at the CG.

AR: 28-Apr (check-in after 12 pm)
LV: 3-May (check-out by 11 am)
NT: 5
DP: $40 non-refundable - paid
BL: $tbd - early nights will be a full-rate
ST: Requested satellite friendly 50 FHU PT (no guarantee on satellite friendly site)

See y'all at the rally!

Nabo

Yeah :cool: - glad you and Nancy are planning on making the trip east for the SE Region Rally.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired

Hey Byrd! Janet and I have registered for the rally. We will arrive on 4/30 and leave on 5/3. Our check is in the mail you should receive it by 1/7. Please let me know if you don't get it. Let us know if we can do anything to help. Can't wait to see everybody!

Nabo

Yeah - glad to have you and Janet coming.
Happy New Years

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Reservation made at Oak Plantation! I will be arriving on 4/30. Becky will arrive late on 5/1. The check is inthe mail! Happy New year and see your in the New Year! Phil

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Nathan & Byrd, Santha and I will arrive the 29th and leaving the 5th. We love Charleston.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Nabo

We are so glad to have the Smiths and Allens join us.

Phil - I will give ya a call in the next couple of days cuz I have a flavor to ask.

Randy and Santha - see ya in a couple of weeks at Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.