Broken Bedroom Slide Cable

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
So we've diagnosed the problem with our BR slide on our 2013 BH 3670. The threaded part of the cable that goes into the block on the chain broke. Prognosis is we need to replace the cable, then adjust.

We had a local mobile tech come out. I'm a little concerned he really doesn't want to do the job, and/or is going to drag his feet.

I've looked at the manual on the forum. I've seen the tutorial video on the website. Not really my set up. These are upper motor, mine is below the slide. The installed cable has a threaded stud as a part of the cable; the video shows like an eye bolt that the cable is wrapped around.

I'm a little hesitant about taking off the wood trim to get to the pulley cover. Otherwise, how tough of a job is it to replace this cable?

sengli

I have had to adjust my cables before as routine maintenance, but never replaced one. I remember there was a decal on the wall on my last two coaches that had the instructions on it for the cable run. I too would be a little hesitant to try it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The person that designed the cable system was either a genius or dysfunctional. I’m not brave enough to tackle fixing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

The person that designed the cable system was either a genius or dysfunctional. I’m not brave enough to tackle fixing that.

Gus, prepare yourself for a confidence booster :)

I have Norco-Bal presenting on this very subject in Goshen.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wow, nice. Now if we can get a “repairing the bedroom slide out floor after a water leak” seminar.