Dometic Refrigerator-intermittent problems

Big-B

Greetings Campers,

We have a 2010 bighorn 3055RL. We've had if for about three years and the refrigerator has always worked fine until this winter while we were full timing in it. We left for a weekend and when we came back the refrigerator had an error message. I turned it off and back on and it worked fine for a couple of days but did the same thing again. Fortunately we were there that time and were able to just turn it off and back on and it started up again.

This has happened about five times now and it makes it so we are hesitant to take off for any length of time. I did read that there is a recall on them and haven't been able to input the model and serial numbers yet because it is in storage right now.

Has anyone else had this problem with their Dometic refrigerator? If so, what did it take to fix it?

Thanks much.

wdk450

To help you with your problems we need to know the specifics on the "error message", and the refrigerator model number which should be on a tag inside the refrigerator compartment.

Big-B

To help you with your problems we need to know the specifics on the "error message", and the refrigerator model number which should be on a tag inside the refrigerator compartment.

It seems like the error message was just an Er flashing on the display. Next time I'm at the 5th wheel I'll check the numbers and post them here.

wdk450

The "Er" display MIGHT be a failure of the LP gas to light. Again, we need more details as to model number, and the heat mode the refrig was trying to be operated in.