Fuel pump

Myster46

I have a 2019 3713 toy hauler I want to fill my generator tank with my toy hauler tank first time I've had this tank filled I cannot seem to get the pump to work even after pushing the button that allows for 15 minute time limit where is the fuse for this I have not checked to see if there is getting electricity to this pump I would like to find a simpler solution if there is one any help appreciated thanks

danemayer

Hi Myster46,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Inside the trailer you should find a circuit breaker panel with 120V AC breakers, and very close by, a fuse box with 12V DC fuses. I'm not familiar with your floor plan, but the breakers and fuses are usually at floor level. On some trailers, next to each fuse is an LED. While trying to operate the device on any fuse, if the fuse is blown, the LED will illuminate.

You also have some 12V DC mini-circult breakers located near the battery. They're covered with a red rubber boot. The power the hydraulics and other high amperage devices, like electric slides.

jeffdee

If it turns out that the impellers are swollen not allowing the pump to operate, it will most likely be due to using ethanol gasoline. I have only put non-ethanol gas in my Cyclone’s fuel tank since new. Never had a problem with the pump nor the generator. It has been 6 years. I always empty the fuel tank by September and refill with fresh gas for hurricane season.

If the impellers are swollen, some owners have had success removing the pump, disassembling and sanding the impellers.

Lynn1130

If it turns out that the impellers are swollen not allowing the pump to operate, it will most likely be due to using ethanol gasoline.

That generally takes some time for them to swell. I would not think a 2019 would have that problem. Also, I am not sure what the new pumps have for impellers but when mine went out I replace them with the newer ones with material that does not swell.

What is not said here is does the pump motor activate? If you flip the switch inside and go outside and flip the lever does the motor come on? If it does you have power. If you then try to pump fuel and nothing comes out the impellers may be the problem.

I had to edit this because I must have been in la-la land when I wrote the first response. It did not make sense.

Last edited:

jeffdee

I understand.
I assumed that Myster46 knew about the on/off switch at the pump after he triggers the timer relay inside the coach.

Lynn1130

I assumed that Myster46 knew about the on/off switch at the pump after he triggers the timer relay inside the coach.

No disparagement to anyone here but with a new trailer, I know how much I did not know at first and had to stumble through.