rear electric landing gear

CAllred

I have a 2016 Gateway 5th wheel. It has the electric rear landing gear. I replaced the extend/retract switch because it was broken. But, it still doesn't work. I cant find where the fuse might be located.

Is there a fuse?
Power comes from the battery, so i am assuming this is a 12 volt motor.

the old switch had 6 connections including 2 jumper wires [see attached photo]. Looks like the new switch has the jumpers build in [see attached photo]

Seems like there is really no way to wire it wrong, as long as supply power and return are on the correct terminals and motor wires are on the right terminals [diagram attached] Seems like if it were wired wrong it would just run opposite what it says because it runs both extend and retract.

Any help or additional insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks you

Attachments

• switch wiring diagram.jpg
    switch wiring diagram.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 24
  • new switch.jpg
    new switch.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 24
  • Old switch.jpg
    Old switch.jpg
    433.7 KB · Views: 28

danemayer

Power probably goes through the 12V DC mini-circuit breakers near the battery. They're covered with a red rubber boot. I've attached a couple of pictures of buss bars with mini-circuit breakers.

But before you go there, have you checked the voltage at the switch? If you have voltage there, you may have a motor problem.

If when you say rear electric landing gear, you mean stabilizers that extend by a motor turning a worm gear, those motors can develop brush spring problems.

Attachments

• 12V buss bar.jpg
    12V buss bar.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 18

Bogie

In addition to what Dan said, the connectors in your picture look pretty corroded. If you haven't already done so, you should clean up the connectors. A Dremmel with a wire brush wheel works well.

wdk450

You can get a new motor on E-Bay for about $190, a lot less than from Lippert. Search "Klauber c-800 motor" on E-Bay.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For the price of a retractable ball point pen and a bit of your time, you can probably repair the motor yourself. Yours would not be the first to die from moisture getting to the flimsy brush springs. Repaired mine several years ago and it’s been fine since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk