Wilderness 2475BH Slide Out Popping and Skipping

Prozaca69

Hello everyone. I have a 2016 Heartland Wilderness 2475BH and the main (only) slide out has never had an issue. Well after about 6 months of no use I entered the trailer to get it ready for a trip and when I hit the switch, the slide out started to go out as normal then halfway started to pop and skip. I immediately stopped and decided to bring it back in. It would only slide in with minimal popping and skipping with the assistance of my son pushing from the exterior. We tried it one more time, I thought maybe it just needed to get going again after sitting for so long and had the same result. I have a trip in 2 weeks and I believe this is no longer in warranty being 3 years old, and the dealer we bought it from is 3.5hrs away from where we live. I assume the option of using my son will work for the trip, but I hate to add insult to injury if there is a major issue. This particular model has a cable system. I am pretty well mechanically inclined, but I don't know where to start.. Reading this afternoon I see more on hydraulic setups versus my cable setup. Any help would be much appreciated! -Matt

danemayer

Hi Prozaca69,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

On electric slides, "Popping and skipping" sounds like there may be a chain/sprocket or pulley problem. If you have a BAL cable drive system, there are some documents in this folder.