New Fuel 287 owner.

Grizz9504

Just got my new Fuel 287 about a week ago, I will be hauling a Harley Ultra. I would like some suggestions on securing it down. Starting with a wheel mount. I would like one I can remove when the bike is not in the trailer. Ready to travel.

Lou_and_Bette

I have been using a Condor wheel chock for the last 7 years, we are full timers, without any problems, The "trailer" model is easily removable. It is nice to be able to ride the bike into the chock and then get off with the bike remaining standing on its own (as long as the floor is fairly level.)

Just got my new Fuel 287 about a week ago, I will be hauling a Harley Ultra. I would like some suggestions on securing it down. Starting with a wheel mount. I would like one I can remove when the bike is not in the trailer. Ready to travel.

We have a 305 & I use the front wheel chocks from HF, been using them for years with no issues. I have not mounted them & use a strap to hold it when I back out.

JFED79

cd3417b9198e0eb93aa31864fc1acd6a.jpg

I have a 287 as well, this is my bike. Harbor freight wheel chock(removable) and four straps. Two around frame where crash bar mounts, down and to the front. Two straps on the skid plate near oil pan down and to the back. Towed over 500 miles, bike never moved. I’m assuming you have lowers on your crashbar
Because it’s an ultra.... if you hook where I did you will have to adjust where you position the bike to get the right angle on the straps so they don’t rub your lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eskimo57

I use a Condor chock for my RG Ultra. I run the front straps around the lower for legs between the fender and lower leg then down to an anchor point. Two straps on the front and then two straps from the rear swing arm to an anchor point. I do this in the toy hauler and on a flatbed. Hauled two baggers and a triglide over rough roads without any problems. There is no pressure on the suspension when you tie down this way.

Grizz9504

cd3417b9198e0eb93aa31864fc1acd6a.jpg

I have a 287 as well, this is my bike. Harbor freight wheel chock(removable) and four straps. Two around frame where crash bar mounts, down and to the front. Two straps on the skid plate near oil pan down and to the back. Towed over 500 miles, bike never moved. I’m assuming you have lowers on your crashbar
Because it’s an ultra.... if you hook where I did you will have to adjust where you position the bike to get the right angle on the straps so they don’t rub your lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is your wheel chock mounted to the floor? it has to be, I just don't see where. Nice bike you have there.

Brumages

Brand new Heartland Fuel 287 owner here. Just dry fit my two hunting toys. Tight fit but they made it in. Man do we love the camper!