ARP Frig Defend, my comments

SLO

I installed the ARP absorption refrigerator safety control about 10 months ago. At the time I was looking for additional fans and a fan controller for the rear of the refrigerator. When I ran across the ARP control I thought this is a great idea. Fans and control plus the safety controller to keep the refrigerator absorption unit from over heating (peace of mind). This over heating mostly comes from people keeping their refrigerator running while the trailer is out of level, like stopping for lunch, etc. Over the last 30 + years I have been aware of this problem and would turn off the refrigerator when parked out of level for any longer amount of time. The ARP unit will automatically turn off the refrigerator if it heats up from being out of lever.

Great idea. Unfortunately, over the last 10 months the unit has failed 3 times. The first two times, with the help of Paul, from ARP, I was able to get the refrigerator up and running. These two times I was camping, level and outside temp of about 80 degrees. The last time the unit is dead and not fixable by resetting things. When the unit is not working your refrigerator doesn't work either. The solution is to remove the ARP wiring and wire your refrigerator back to it's original position. So I can send the unit back to ARP and have it fixed while I'm traveling with my refrigerator "unprotected". My solution was to remove the unit and going back to checking level of the trailer myself. The first time the unit failed the temp of the refrigerator went up about 15 degrees before I caught it.

I know others have had good luck with this unit. But since I couldn't find much in the way of users reviews before I bought this, I thought I'd post my experience. For me, the peace of mind, turned into more worry. I really wanted it to work.