Inverter Issues popping GFCI-Found Possible Cause

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Brian - happy to hear you got a call back from Heartland. Bummer that your matter is not resolved just yet. This type of inverter issue is a bugger to resolve. I had the same issue in my last Landmark. I tried a good many troubleshooting steps and various setups.

I replaced the Inverter once to no avail. I then replaced the GFCI outlet with a standard outlet. Heartland cannot advise you to do this. I'm just intimating my personal experience.

Jim,

What standard outlet did you replace it with and how hard of a job is it to get it out and replaced?

Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jbeletti

Jim,

What standard outlet did you replace it with and how hard of a job is it to get it out and replaced?

Rod

Rod - see pics here: https://beletti.smugmug.com/RV/2018...erter-Issue/Inverter-GFCI-Outlet-Replacement/

Notes:
- I used a standard "Decora-style" duplex outlet (standard one)
- I had to notch the mounting tabs
- I reused the capacitors that were on glued to the back of the old recept

Pretty easy mod. NOT Heartland approved.

CDN

B and B
Re: Inverter Issues popping GFCI-New Invertor Update

A trip to the campground 2.5 hours, 90 degree heat, ice maker running. Inverter ran fine

A return trip home today a cool 72 degrees ice maker off Inverter ran fine.

Maximum current draw on my Insignia Dutch Door Fridge was 2.8 amps.

Next week we are on the road for 2 weeks and hoping this will work fine, have my Decora outlet to bypass should the need arise.

Brian

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Re: Inverter Issues popping GFCI-New Invertor Update

A trip to the campground 2.5 hours, 90 degree heat, ice maker running. Inverter ran fine

A return trip home today a cool 72 degrees ice maker off Inverter ran fine.

Maximum current draw on my Insignia Dutch Door Fridge was 2.8 amps.

Next week we are on the road for 2 weeks and hoping this will work fine, have my Decora outlet to bypass should the need arise.

Brian

How did it go? Was the fix just replacing the inverter?

Rod

CDN

B and B
Hello

Made second trip and the newly installed Inverter and it worked just fine. This trip ice maker was off. Last trip it was on. No issues either way. The date code on the new inverter is March 2016.

Solved at his point

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Hello

Made second trip and the newly installed Inverter and it worked just fine. This trip ice maker was off. Last trip it was on. No issues either way. The date code on the new inverter is March 2016.

Solved at his point

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice - thanks for sharing!