Big Horn 3270RS Grey Tank

Retsfer

Has anyone ever repaired or replaced the Kitchen grey tank on this model. I've had this unit for a little over a year and have recently discovered a leak in the front grey tank at the main discharge from the tank. It appears that it wasn't right at install and they used some kind of grey sealant and a radiator type hose clamp to seal it, as that is where the leak is. I have opened the belly and it appears to me that the tank was dropped in place from above before the floor was installed, also neither grey tank is secured as I can raise them up, a little. Unless I am missing something, this is **** poor design. Any info greatly appreciated.

danemayer

If your kitchen is midships, and the bathroom and bedroom are toward the front, then your gray #1 tank (bathroom and washer) is probably toward the front. The gray #2 tank (kitchen) is probably midships.

When Bighorns are built, the frames start out upside down. If I recall correctly, the holding tanks are lowered into the upside down frame. They are not fixed in place, so as you've discovered, you can push up and they will move. You may have cross braces that the front and rear edges of the tank sit on. There may also be straps that hang loosely. The tanks typically sag in the middle over time as you repeatedly fill them.

Sounds like you'll need to remove the hose clamp so you can inspect the tank outlet, 1-1/2" drain pipe, and rubber? connection to find out why it's leaking.

While you have the underbelly open, if it would give you peace of mind, you could add cross bracing to provide additional support.