Where can I get Slide wiper seal for a 2018 North Trail

I am looking for replacement vertical wiper seal for my 2018 North Trail 24BHS. It is installed in a channel running down both sides of the dining room slide out. It is splined, so you simply push it into the channel. Dimensions are 1-1/4" wiper X 1/2" double splined channel insert with a 90 deg bend where the wiper meets the spline. Does anyone know where I can order it?
I've done web searches everywhere I know of and thought for sure that AP Products would have it but no luck there.
Thanks.

Donald

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Call Heartland Customer Service. Have your VIN handy.
574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Call Heartland Customer Service. Have your VIN handy.
574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Dave,
Thanks for the information. I called the number and they were able to identify the seal. Heartland has an antiquated parts ordering system. The parts department representative first sent me a catalog page with possible parts matches and descriptions and one of them was a match. I then had to email them my order request with part number and quantity along with my contact information. They called me back a couple of days later to request payment card information when they had the part ready to ship.
I was able to install the new seal using a screen spline roller which worked great.

Donald

Be ready to replace these seals yearly. We have 2 years in a row on our 2017 now. Every single slide both the inner and outer.
We keep the slides pulled in when not in use and in a garage from October-April.

We apply the slide lubricant provided by the Heartland Dealership.

WillyBill

IMHO...The best slide rubber protector is "303 Aerospace Protectant" Works for anything plastic or rubber and decals so I pretty much use it all over my Cyclone to protect from

UV damage from the Sun. I use about a bottle a year in spray form - buy from Amazon. It even helps my EPDM Rubber roof.

WB

SteveG

Be ready to replace these seals yearly. We have 2 years in a row on our 2017 now. Every single slide both the inner and outer.
We keep the slides pulled in when not in use and in a garage from October-April.

We apply the slide lubricant provided by the Heartland Dealership.

I too am seeing my rubber seals splitting inside and out and I have a 2017 Wilderness. And when you say needing to replace the seals yearly makes me wonder the quality of those seals and maybe finding an alternative replacement may be worth considering. I still consider my camper to be fairly new and why would these seals fall apart so soon? I'm considering an AP Products 18188 as an alternative replacement.

Oldelevatorman

I too am seeing my rubber seals splitting inside and out and I have a 2017 Wilderness. And when you say needing to replace the seals yearly makes me wonder the quality of those seals and maybe finding an alternative replacement may be worth considering. I still consider my camper to be fairly new and why would these seals fall apart so soon? I'm considering an AP Products 18188 as an alternative replacement.

The ‘D’ seals on my Landmark are AP and they only last a few months. I’m getting a little tired of replacing them so often. I’ve had the slides checked to make sure they’re functioning correctly and they are. It’s both the top seals and maybe one on each side of the two large slides every time. The bedroom slide seals have never been a problem. Suggestions welcome, I’m stumped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew-z

The original design using R854056 seems to be a common issue. Our local dealer stocks that because he gets frequent requests to replace it. R854056 is a BAL part number too. You can find it here on BAL's part number list for their cable slide system. https://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/accuslide/accuslide_material-list.pdf I ordered R854047 instead. It is a 2 3/8" wide flat wiper seal (also on parts list above) and comes with an adhesive strip already attached. I plan on sticking it to the metal adjacent to the slot where the original seal snaps in. As long as it functions properly, I think it will last longer because it is only bent about 45 degrees in either the in or out position. The original design is bent 90 degrees when the slide is in. My original snap in style seal only lasted about 2 years on my 2018 North Trail FBS.

Gerryw

I have the same issue with the rubber wiper seals on the slide out splitting on my Heartland North Trail 28RKDS. I also ordered the flat wiper seal with the sticky edge. Just one note, there are several google notes that indicate the sticky side does not stick well, so the seal needs to be secured with screws. Mine have not arrived yet but I plan to screw them on and use fender washers under the screws as additional support. Getting mine from RecPro.com.

Drew-z

I have the same issue with the rubber wiper seals on the slide out splitting on my Heartland North Trail 28RKDS. I also ordered the flat wiper seal with the sticky edge. Just one note, there are several google notes that indicate the sticky side does not stick well, so the seal needs to be secured with screws. Mine have not arrived yet but I plan to screw them on and use fender washers under the screws as additional support. Getting mine from RecPro.com.

Thanks for the screw/washer tip. I cleaned the metal surface with rubbing alcohol before I put mine on about 1.5 weeks ago. I'll open my slide up tonight to see how it looks.

carl.swoyer

Forgot to mention that I also added a dab of silicone to the screw head to prevent water from traveling down the threads.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

spruce1.

Re: Where can I get Slide wiper seal for a 2018 wilderness

Does anyone know how to replace the wiper seal for our slide out.
I got mine from Colawrv. They are a distributor for Norco, the maker of the slide. The parts number is BAL - R854056. They sell the wiper slide for $2.95 per foot. Heartland sells the same thing for $4.95 per foot. I bought 6ft to make sure it was the right seal. It is. Then I ordered the rest of what I need to replace all 4 seals. Their phone number is 877-548-2125. Be sure to ask for the new parts department. They were great to work with and shipped promptly. Their is a separate charge for shipping which seemed kind of expensive but sure less that the total amount I would have paid to get the part from Heartland.

If you put wiper seals in the search on this website you will see several posts on this subject. Good luck - Patty

iflyrc49

I just purchased mine off Amazon using the part number spruce1 provided and based on product reviews it should fit my North Trail 25Lrss. I ordered 25 feet for just under $100 and that included the shipping. Will revise post if it there are any issues with it.

kran1960

I found this today and ordered it for my 2018 Heartland North Trail 22FBS. They seem to have addressed the reasons for failure in the stock slide wiper seals. Hoping this works well since I don’t like the thought of having to replace all the time. https://www.steelerubber.com/press-in-slide-seal-70-4184-265

Have gotten this part installed yet. Wondering how it was to install and the ease it flips in and out with slide out.

Corndog

I'd be curious to hear reviews from folks that used the Steele replacement. It looks like a better "mousetrap" but I'm gun shy at the cost of $330 for 60 feet. I have to replace 2 slides both inner and outer wipes :(