RESOLVED: New RV owner, plumbing issue

We just purchased a 2019 heartland Mallard 185, We were planning to go camping next weekend so we were checking all the systems to make sure everything looks right. We filled our water tank to 1/3 capacity and turned on the water pump, the outdoor shower nozzle works correctly (water pump comes on when turned on and turns off when outdoor shower is turned off). The same is true of the toilet and the bathtub faucet. However, the kitchen sink does not turn on the water pump so no water is coming out. I have looked for a water shut off and did not find one.

Any suggestions for this total newbie?

danemayer

Re: New RV owner, plumbing issue

Hi melaniekerton,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You might unscrew the end of the kitchen faucet to check if the filter screen is clogged. Cover the drain first so if you drop a piece, it doesn't get lost. As you take the parts out, lay them in order on a paper towel and take a picture with your phone so you have a guide in case things get disturbed before reassembling.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Try running water from the lavatory faucet to get the pump running. Then open the kitchen faucet and quickly shut the other one off. Could just be the line to the kitchen is dry and needs filling so the pump senses a pressure drop in it. You could also connect to a city water source to see if the faucet will flow. That would also put water into the plumbing. I would also take a look a the water lines to be sure there isn’t a leak somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*problem resolved*

We started taking the kitchen faucet apart, we checked the screen, no debris, it is the kind of faucet that you pull out the nozzle to use as a sprayer, so we took out the whole sprayer line and found that we could not blow air thru it, using a screw driver we discovered a wad of something completely blocking the water from coming thru and once we dislodged and removed it the faucet worked exactly as it should.