1/2 Ton towing

h2oskierc

Be very careful. There is more to the tow package than different gears.

This is true. My Silverado is rated for 10,800 lbs. The z82 trailering option includes a heavier duty transmission cooler. I have suspicions it also changes the suspension, but haven’t researched to verify. I know mine has a stiffer ride than my dad’s that is a year older. I have my little game boy screen on my dash showing the transmission coolant temp when I’m towing our NT 33 BUDS. I’m more worried about the tranny than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattZX

I am not advocating towing heavier than the rated vehicle but I have been in the insurance business for over 30 years and handled tens of thousands of auto insurance claims. In all that time I have never seen an insurance company deny a claim because a truck was over weight. I have never even seen them even check. FYI

That's true, thanks for information anyway. And if we talk about insurance cases, have you ever considered about can you hold driver's licenses from two different states at the same time, or you cannot? I've found a great website and article ( here: https://www.americaninsurance.com/can-i-hold-drivers-licenses-two-different-states-same-time ), which explains everything about it, and how it works.

Last edited:

Sadie

Hello,

I'm Looking to purchase a new Pioneer 2021 QB300, Dry weight shows 6800.

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LT extended cab, 5.3 V8
should I be able to pull the QB300 with no problems?

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I'm Looking to purchase a new Pioneer 2021 QB300, Dry weight shows 6800.

I have a 2019 Silverado 1500 LT extended cab, 5.3 V8
should I be able to pull the QB300 with no problems?

Towing Guide

https://www.chevrolet.com/content/d...og/02-pdf/2019-chevrolet-trailering-guide.pdf

Best thing to do is ignore dry weight, go by Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. Max Weight. Then look at your Cargo Capacity that you truck can handle, including stuff in the back, people and full tank of gas. I bet you will find you are over the truck capacity.

Also what options on the truck? Tow package, heavy springs or extra transmission cooling.

I had a maxed out F 150 with Max Tow and Max Cargo and all I could tow was 9,900 lbs and cargo of 1800 lbs.