Bighorn tire replacement

Thenomads

We have a 2011 Bighorn 2985RL. Started with the Blowmax (no good, relatively minor body damage). We replaced the Blowmax with Bridgestone Duravis R250 almost 6 years ago. These tires have aged out so we were planning on going with the R250 again as we never had any issues with these tires in nearly 6 years and 40K miles. Unfortunately we just found out the Duravis R250 is no longer available and America's Tire/Discount tire is recommending the Duravis R500 but before we make that move we wanted input, good or bad, from our Heartland family.

SNOKING

That is sad, I ran Michelin XPS Ribs and then BS Duravis R250's on our 29' 5th wheel.
cq5dam.thumbnail.140.100.png

The R500 is a commercial grade 2 ply poly carcass tire that is quite robust.
brivl8.ang.l.jpg

Bridgestone now has the R238 that is an all steel ply tire. The R238 has a tread pattern similar to the R250, which is great for a trailer tire. Discount Direct shows them available.
briva5_ang_l.jpg

If you are willing to spend the big bucks you could put the Michelin XPS Ribs on it.

Or the Sailun S637's for a lot less. Chris

rhodies1

We have a 2011 Bighorn 2985RL. Started with the Blowmax (no good, relatively minor body damage). We replaced the Blowmax with Bridgestone Duravis R250 almost 6 years ago. These tires have aged out so we were planning on going with the R250 again as we never had any issues with these tires in nearly 6 years and 40K miles. Unfortunately we just found out the Duravis R250 is no longer available and America's Tire/Discount tire is recommending the Duravis R500 but before we make that move we wanted input, good or bad, from our Heartland family.

I have the Michelin XPS Ribs on my Bighorn,have approx 12k miles on them to date.They still
look new and have had no issues.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I ran the Michelin XPS ribs on both of the Bighorns I owned and had very good luck with them.

carl.swoyer

I like the Goodyear g614 tires. I never had any issues.
From reading on this forum the 5 year warranty is excellent.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Sailun S637 or the GoodYear G614's. If the GoodYears fail by blowout and damages your fifth wheel and so long as they are within the five year limit, they will repair your trailer.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
That appears to be a poly carcass tire where as the Sailun S637 and others are a steel ply carcass. The right up the tire might however we miss leading. What does the sidewall say about plies? Chris

Sidewall 1 steel ply, tread 4 steel plies.

You can see them next fall on site 323 at Canyon Vistas!

carl.swoyer

I just replaced my 7.5 year old Goodyear's g614 with new g614. I purchased them on the internet from discount tire direct for $1122.00 and they arrived in three days. I also got a $60.00 rebate.. I especially like the five-year warranty. Just don't loose the receipt as my warranty starts the date of purchase.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

aatauses

I have tried the GY and had a few issues with them--went to Sailun and have had no issues.
al
currently in AZ

jnbhobe

I had a blowout yesterday on a 17.5 Sailun that was made 36th week of 14 so just 5yr old ordered 4 new ones today 215/75/17.5 at $170 ea. mounted and balanced.

SNOKING

I had a blowout yesterday on a 17.5 Sailun that was made 36th week of 14 so just 5yr old ordered 4 new ones today 215/75/17.5 at $170 ea. mounted and balanced.

Explain "blowout"! Pictures?

I would have maybe called this a blow out if I would have driven on it farther, as the cause of the failure would have been gone. Chris

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190314_132147.jpg
    MVIMG_20190314_132147.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 39
  • MVIMG_20190314_154006.jpg
    MVIMG_20190314_154006.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited: