Ceiling Light Replacement Glass Covers

DRGalligher

Does anyone here know where to get replacement glass ceiling light covers? These are the round, thick clear, or opaque, glass covers that screw in. We have a 2011 3055RL Bighorn. On a recent trip, one came out and shattered everywhere. We generally hand tighten them every so often, but hadn't for the ones in the main living.

Thanks.

brianlajoie

We had the same problem. We contacted the service center and got a replacement globe. We then super glued the screws afterwards. The screws have not loosened in the last 2 years.

DRGalligher

We had the same problem. We contacted the service center and got a replacement globe. We then super glued the screws afterwards. The screws have not loosened in the last 2 years.

Ours do not have screws. These are recessed and screwed in by turning them into a groove or track.

DRGalligher

Ours do not have screws. These are recessed and screwed in by turning them into a groove or track.

I attempted to post my inquiry in the Ask the Factory section here, but it's closed so I'm attaching three pictures of what I need a replacement for. This is the ceiling recessing lighting glass cover. The pictures show the top, bottom, and side views.

Attachments

• RVRecLightCoverBottom.jpg
    RVRecLightCoverBottom.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
  • RVRecLightCoverSide.jpg
    RVRecLightCoverSide.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15
  • RVRecLightCoverTop.jpg
    RVRecLightCoverTop.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16

danemayer

Replace the entire fixture with an LED equivalent for about $15.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danemayer

You may have a hard time finding just the lens - one that attaches the same way as yours do. When ordering, I doubt you'll find enough information to be certain the lens will fit.

DRGalligher

You may have a hard time finding just the lens - one that attaches the same way as yours do. When ordering, I doubt you'll find enough information to be certain the lens will fit.

I'll keep you updated. I just contacted Heartland directly. Next step will be to contact our local RV tech and then determine what we need to do. Worse case scenario, I move a lens from the water closet and put a different light in there.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a bunch at home and if they look like yours I'll send one to you.
I should be home in about two weeks.

Peace
Dave

NYSUPstater

I'll keep you updated. I just contacted Heartland directly. Next step will be to contact our local RV tech and then determine what we need to do. Worse case scenario, I move a lens from the water closet and put a different light in there.

What did HL say when you spoke w/ them?

DRGalligher

What did HL say when you spoke w/ them?

I haven't spoken to them yet. I left a request to be contacted with a description of the issue on their website request page.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a bunch at home and if they look like yours I'll send one to you.
I should be home in about two weeks.

Peace
Dave

Wow. Thank you! Let me know what you have before you send it. I may have this resolved before then.

DRGalligher

In the nine years we've had our Bighorn, we've only needed to contact Heartland twice. Both times, they have been responsive and had what we needed! Fantastic support.