Prowler Lynx 255 LX

Sandraze

Good day to All!
We are currently shopping for RVs and strongly considering the Prowler 255LX. After looking at so many brands in this size (@25 ft, rear living, price range), I've narrowed my search down and this one is included. I like that it has a walkable roof for when we clean it. I wanted to get any feedback I could from Prowler owners of this model or any inputs on Prowler or Heartland that I can. AC work good for size, quality good, issues to be aware of, etc. Thanks in advance and have a blessed day!:D

danemayer

Hi Sandraze,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got quite a few friendly and helpful people here, so you'll probably get some feedback shortly.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum! I can't speak for the Prowler, but we love our Torque. After dealing with Heartland's customer service on a couple issues and them implementing a PDI on every trailer built, I feel like Heartland really tries to look after their customers. With that being said, you should conduct your own PDI on anything before you sign. One of the members here has created a good PDI form (https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/pre-delivery-inspection). It is also a good idea to spend a night or two in the unit at the dealer's lot that way you can address any questions that might come up before you leave.

I'm sure some Prowler owners will be along to give their opinion. Safe travels!

Sandraze

Thanks for the info, NP_Chief! Good advice on the PDI. As a rookie buyer last year, my PDI with the dealer lasted oh about 45 minutes! I will be more prepared this time around! Thanks for the link to the checklist! We are going to go on-site to check out the 255 early next week after reviewing the specs, pictures inside and out, and looking through the manual. Curious that if the roof is walkable why they didn't put a ladder on it, but that's ok. I will look forward to others that may chime in with some insight!

Thanks again! Much appreciated!

danemayer

On ladders, the design commonly used on towable RVs flexes a lot when you climb up and down. This makes most people uncomfortable. Many of us, even if we have factory installed ladders, are using telescoping ladders that store easily in the pass through basement storage area, or in the front compartment. If you go that route, you'll have choices on height of the ladder and weight capacity. Here's a link to one on Amazon.

Sandraze

Thanks Dan! Great information on the ladder and makes perfect sense! I am gonna check on the link today! Also, thanks for the welcome!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Another place to find more Prowler owners is at the Heartland Prowler RV Owners Facebook Page...

The link is in my sig line and just ask to join as you don't have to own one to join there.

Anyone else in this thread is welcome to join in over there, too!

Or click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307339586436356/