2017 Charleston

FBR-LDR

We have a new 2017 Landmark Charleston and want to add a washer and dryer, but I cant find where the dryer vent line connects to the RV, need some advice.

danemayer

Washer/Dryer Prep doesn't include the vent through the outside wall as many (most?) people never install the washer/dryer. The installer has to install the vent. You'll also want an overflow tray and overflow drain hose installed, even though it's unlikely to ever have an overflow.

There may be a sticker on the inside wall showing where the vent goes. Even with that, you should take a very small drill bit and drill small holes from the inside (not all the way through) where you intend the vent hole to go to ensure you're not hitting a sidewall frame member. When drilling the hole from the outside, most people run the drill in reverse to score/cut the fiberglass exterior surface before cutting through the wall.

DirtyMax88

.....When drilling the hole from the outside, most people run the drill in reverse to score/cut the fiberglass exterior surface before cutting through the wall.

We have wanted to add a washer and dryer for a while now, but I just can't bring myself (or someone else) to cut through the wall of the rig and through the full body paint! LOL :eek:

mlpeloquin

The ventless washer/driers combos or ventless dryers do not dry well and take forever to give you damp close. Purchase a good metal stud finder to get the exact locations of the studs. Then drill through the center of where you want the vent to be installed with a small drill all the way through to the outside. Starting inside with a hole drill that is the proper size for the vent, drill about half way. Go to the outside and drill the rest out. That way the hole will be smooth on both sides. Install a washer drain pan and rout it out of your fifth wheel encase the washer develops a leak. Make sure the drain pan drain hose is parallel or at a down angle to the pan. Never going up above the drain pan connection. Not a big deal so long as you know where the studs are.

Mark-Roberta 051995

We have the 2017 Charleston and have the stacked washer dryer. The dealer put them in along with the vent hole through the sidewall. There was a sticker on the inside of the closest showing where it should be drilled through. The sticker was removed and the hole was drilled and all appears to be OK after 1 1/2 years of travels. I am unsure if the dealer drilled in the "exact" spot of the sticker but none the less it was completed correctly.