Norcold 1210 No AC Code

winginit

My Norcold 1210IM started beeping and throwing the "no ac" code when in AC mode. When in AU mode it runs on propane even with AC power connected. I have AC power to the control board. With the unit in AC mode and beeping, I have 62v at each of the heater terminals with the heater elements disconnected. Yes I get an HE code with the heater elements disconnected. The resistance of each heater element is 65 & 62 ohms. Sound like a control board?

wdk450

My Norcold 1210IM started beeping and throwing the "no ac" code when in AC mode. When in AU mode it runs on propane even with AC power connected. I have AC power to the control board. With the unit in AC mode and beeping, I have 62v at each of the heater terminals with the heater elements disconnected. Yes I get an HE code with the heater elements disconnected. The resistance of each heater element is 65 & 62 ohms. Sound like a control board?

Do you have access to a service manual? Here is a link to the one in our library: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Appliances/Refrigerator/Norcold/Nocold1210 Service.pdf

Troubleshooting tree for the "NO AC" error message starts on page 31. Did you check the F2 (glass) fuse? This should be another place to check for the presence of 120 VAC (to ground/neutral).

How did you check the AC voltage to the board? I am guessing that somehow it is only 62 volts. DVM's can mislead you measuring good voltages under no loads if there is a high resistance connection in the incoming wiring. I just went through this with the fan blower on my truck - Fan supply wires measured good 12 volts on the DVM with the fan disconnected, about 6 volts with the fan connected - I am pretty sure there is a high resistance in the ignition switch or associated wiring causing this.

This webpage seems to indicate that the heaters are both supposed to be fed 120 VAC: https://rvcoolingunit.com/Norcold-225-watt-AC-heating-element-set-of-2--P2118068.aspx

Good luck!!!