2019 Fuel 287 Fuse Panel Clarification

When doing the PDI in February, I had the CW associate go through each fuse and breaker to make sure they were working as expected. Only three were labeled correctly, and several had incorrect fuses installed (label said 20W, but 15W fuse installed in that slot). Does anyone else have any issues with the labeling of the fuses? For instance, we have no breaker for the hot water, and no fuse for the slide. He indicated they would check with Heartland, and still no response (they probably didn't even call).

danemayer

Slides usually are powered through 12V DC mini-circuit breakers located near the battery. There's typically a row of them covered by red rubber boots. High current devices are powered through breakers.

If your water heater is a Suburban and works on the propane side, or if it's an Atwood unit and works at all, it's getting 12V DC from somewhere - likely from a fuse.

One way to get a correct view of what each fuses does is to pull them one at a time and see what stops working. The fuses power interior lights, scare lights, awning, water heater, furnace, refrigerator if gas absorption type, TV signal booster, propane detector, entry door lights, water pump and fuel station. Sometimes there'll be a label that says "Slide". With fuses, that usually means the lights in the slide.

Heartland may have a drawing that shows which fuse position is supposed to do what, but that's not saying it was built exactly that way. So Heartland may not be able to give you 100% accurate information.

Thank you Dan, the process of elimination steps is exactly what the CW rep tried to do during the PDI, but was unable to figure out what stopped for several of the fuses and one of the breakers. Because the label in the fuse panel was printed by heartland with "Slide - 40", he thought there was supposed to be a fuse also.
I will try another round of elimination testing and make my own labels. Just a note for other new owners that the labels in the panel are possibly incorrect.
Thanks again!