Easy question

jlbash1

I'm a newbie so please excuse the hopefully simple question.

I just got a used TT and saw a tube in the external water heater compartment with a tag saying it needed to be routed outside to prevent water damage. It isn't routed outside, it's inside the water heater compartment. Should i just stick it through one of the holes in the water heater cover?

Thanks

mlpeloquin

If you post the exact trailer you have, you might get a better response. Such as I own a Bighorn 3010RE. Then a picture, which you cannot post would be most helpful. There is a minimum amount of posts you have to make to get to post pictures.

That being said, The water heater cover is open and not water proof at the bottom. Any water draining should go right out onto the ground.

danemayer

Your picture shows the back of the refrigerator, not the water heater. It is the condensate drain from the refrigerator. It should be routed through one of the openings in the vent cover. They get brittle over time, so treat it gently. Also, the little cap on the end is essential to keep warm air from getting into the refrigerator compartment.

NYSUPstater

Your picture shows the back of the refrigerator, not the water heater. It is the condensate drain from the refrigerator. It should be routed through one of the openings in the vent cover. They get brittle over time, so treat it gently. Also, the little cap on the end is essential to keep warm air from getting into the refrigerator compartment.

Dan,

I thought the cap was to keep lil critters out? No seriously, that's what I thought.

Mike

jlbash1

Well you learn something new everyday. As you can tell I just got this and haven't had it out yet.

Thanks!!

MTPockets

That tube does get brittle after a year or so. I replaced mine with a vinyl tube: problem solved.