Value of damaged trailer?

cscalex

We have a 2011 Edge M22 which needs the floor replaced due to a leak (which has been fixed) We have completed the demo of the floor and have started to install a new floor but it's a pretty big project that I don't know if we want to finish. What would be a reasonable price to sell the trailer at in this "as is" state? I'm sure there is someone out there who would have no problem taking on this project and actually enjoy it but I haven't got a clue where to price the trailer at? Do you just take off the price of replacing the floor from it's current value?

Thank you
Alex

danemayer

Hi cscalex,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you don't have a repair estimate it'll be hard to answer your question.

But you should assume that most people don't want to buy a "project". So you'd probably start with looking at the private party resale valuation on the NADA website. Deduct your guess as to cost of having someone repair the floor. Then deduct several thousand for their taking the risk and managing the fix.

So let's say NADA puts a $25,000 value on a trailer in good condition (just pulling a number out of the air). And let's say the repair is guesstimated at 1 week of labor - say $5,000 plus $1,000 in flooring, misc materials, and shop charges. And let's say the buyer discounts his offer by another $4,000 for taking over the problem. So you might get an offer of $15,000. On a good day. Could be less.