Disassembley

rdufek

Just took one of mine down, two L-Brackets at the top and then like JerryJay stated a screw at the top side of the frame run through the fabric

Fox

I've got a similar question but can't follow the above answer.

This morning I noted my rear window (dual) shades are hanging low on one side and I don't see how the covering valances are attached - so as to expose how the shades are attached within.

Going by feel there is a vertical mounted screw hanging loose in a metal frame - but without light I can't be sure of what I've got going on - nor the tool required (phillips, flat, star).

I found my flashlight - all covered by battery acid; time for a new one.

emery395

PDefinitely Square, Drive. My 2018 cyclones has two metal L brackets at the top and L brackets at the side. There is not much room but is able to reach up underneath and find the screws.

Fox

This repair was a pain in the butt. Two easily accessible phillips screws on the bottom sides, diagonally installed. Then three hidden phillip screws - all to remove the window valence with the attached shade mechanism.

The shades snap in place using four brackets mounted within the valence. One of these brackets had come completely out, the nearest one was almost out. I secured all the brackets then snapped the shade back in place.

Then lots of cursing while trying to hold the valence in place and secure it. Eventually I had a second pair of hands holding it while I bumped it left/right, trying to find the original holes.

The final (unresolved) injury is the spring unwound on one shade and now requires me to manually roll it up. I'll look in to that when its much cooler/ on AC (I was working on it, at home).

Any hints/ tips on an easy way to rewind the window shade spring?

Kbvols

This repair was a pain in the butt. Two easily accessible phillips screws on the bottom sides, diagonally installed. Then three hidden phillip screws - all to remove the window valence with the attached shade mechanism.

The shades snap in place using four brackets mounted within the valence. One of these brackets had come completely out, the nearest one was almost out. I secured all the brackets then snapped the shade back in place.

Then lots of cursing while trying to hold the valence in place and secure it. Eventually I had a second pair of hands holding it while I bumped it left/right, trying to find the original holes.

The final (unresolved) injury is the spring unwound on one shade and now requires me to manually roll it up. I'll look in to that when its much cooler/ on AC (I was working on it, at home).

Any hints/ tips on an easy way to rewind the window shade spring?

If the shade is MCD which I assume they are I would call the company and they can advise how to retighten. There is a button on each side of the roller that you can push to adjust however depending on if the shade rolls from the back or front of the roller depends which side to push. The company rep walked me thru this in Goshen. I am just not 100% which is the appropriate side to push based on how shade comes off the roller.

The shades push into the track and brackets fairly easily. The key is starting at a slight angle with the back of the roller bracket first then push the front up and it will snap in. The rep told me it’s important to have the end brackets about an inch to inch and half from the end of the track on each end as they hold the majority of the weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk