2006 heartland landmark Monticello

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The Monticello was a floor plan that I really liked, back in it's day. I'm not sure if it was"rated" as a four season trailer, but with advances in technology, you can likely do much better with a newer coach. You could always modify and add insulation and freeze protection.

I believe they had a sealed underbelly, I think our '07 Bighorn did.

danemayer

4 Season and similar terms usually mean you can keep the interior of the RV comfortable in winter. But the real question is "winter where"? Maine? Florida? North Dakota? South Texas? If you're in a very cold climate, the furnace alone may not be sufficient; you may need an electric fireplace or other supplemental heat.

More importantly, 4 Season generally doesn't mean anything with respect to keeping the water running. With any RV, as temperatures drop you'll have to take additional steps to keep the water running. The colder it gets, the more you'll have to do.

You should take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide to find out what you'll need to do for extreme cold weather.

sengli

First off the marketing term, four seasons.... and thats all it is really is really mis-leading. The coroplast material that covers the under belly, not seals.... the under side of these coaches is a just a barrier against road grime and maybe wind to a certain degree. Sealed under belly is a again mis-leading. On our last three rigs, if you tow in a bad rain storm, that coroplast will retain water like a bladder.

We live in northern indiana, and we camp pretty late in the year. One time we camped and the weather turned, very cold and windy. The key thing was the wind. We couldnt keep the inside warm running everything we had.