TorkLift Glowstep

Bogie

How difficult or time consuming is it to be removing or adding the extra step?

Not hard at all. Only about 15 minutes to remove. You don't have to remove the steps from the frame. If I remember correctly it's only three bolts on each side. I removed the second step on the bottom. Note: there are friction washers between the arms at each point.

Putting the step back was not hard either but took a little more time getting things lined up. Don't over tighten the bolts. That will bind the stairs. Check to see how tight they are from the factory before you start.

Mark-Roberta 051995

I received a promotion (PM direct to me on here) for these steps to be shipped to me and then get installed and all I have to give them is a survey on the product. Has anyone heard of this or is this a scam?

We currently have the 4 step Moryde strut assist on our unit. The Torklift step do not have a hand rail so that could be a concern.

Thanks,

Mark

mlpeloquin

I received a promotion (PM direct to me on here) for these steps to be shipped to me and then get installed and all I have to give them is a survey on the product. Has anyone heard of this or is this a scam?

We currently have the 4 step Moryde strut assist on our unit. The Torklift step do not have a hand rail so that could be a concern.

Thanks,

Mark

TorkLift does monitor the form and occasionally does offer a free set of steps with shipping. The only requirement is to do a survey. That is how we got ours. I had commented, after someone posted their steps and how much thy liked them and that is how they found me. My wife has a prosthetic leg and found it hard to balance with the original OEM steps. Could not be happier with the TorkLift steps. Come in handy when we pull into rest stops and a truck pulled in close. They can be adjusted close to the fifth wheel so you can still get access. Same with our RV storage space. TorkLift does have the GlowGlide hand rail which my wife rely likes.

Bogie

The Torklift step do not have a hand rail so that could be a concern.

Torklift does make an optional hand rail. I don't have it on mine, so I can't say much about it. But it is available. If it's anything like the quality of the steps, it should be good product. Perhaps someone who has installed the hand rail can chime in here.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Torklift does make an optional hand rail. I don't have it on mine, so I can't say much about it. But it is available. If it's anything like the quality of the steps, it should be good product. Perhaps someone who has installed the hand rail can chime in here.

I checked out the hand rail while at this year’s National Rally. Unfortunately, we can’t put them on our Landmark due to our slideout and entry door locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Thanks,

Mark

If the username is Torklift and/or the person who contacted you is named Kerstin, then it's legit. They've reached out to several on here and on other forums with the same offer.

rhodies1

If the username is Torklift and/or the person who contacted you is named Kerstin, then it's legit. They've reached out to several on here and on other forums with the same offer.

Lucky for you guys, these steps are great and I have looked at purchasing when in the US but with exchange rate , we as Canadians pay approx. 35 % on the US dollar....these steps then become very expensive to purchase as an upgrade to the OEM steel on the unit.
Accept their offer and enjoy.

RickL

Thanks,

Mark

I’ll be more then happy to take the steps off your hands if you don’t want them. 😁😁

mlpeloquin

I checked out the hand rail while at this year’s National Rally. Unfortunately, we can’t put them on our Landmark due to our slideout and entry door locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get it onto my Big Horn.

Install Done.jpg

Mark-Roberta 051995

*** MOD Edit ***

Private communication removed. Sorry.

Jim B

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogie

*** MOD Edit ***

Private communication removed. Sorry.

Jim B

The email looks completely legitimate. I have dealt with Kirstin. She is really nice. Call or email her if you want to know more or are in any doubt at all.

jbeletti

Mark & Roberta - thanks for sharing the fact that Torklift reached out to you. Totally awesome gesture and they've proved to be a great company with a great product.

That said, on the forum, we prefer that private communication not be posted. As such, I removed the email you posted here. It's totally okay for you to mention the offer here - just not to post the email verbatim here. Thanks and enjoy the steps if you get them.