TorkLift Glowstep

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
We had the traveler for about two minutes before we decided the stairway has got to go. There are a couple of issues with the stairway: first, the bottom step should be closer than 18" from the ground. If I had wanted to do step aerobics, I would have bought a Reebok multi step. Second, I’m 6’5" and 203 lbs. my woman is 5’6", 130. By the time I get to the third step, I could do a single layout and she could do a full full full before hitting the grass (we’re not divers, this wouldn’t be pretty). Third, they are hard to open.

Fast forward a week. We get a delivery of a TorkLift Glowstep from etrailer. It should only take couple of tools and about an hour to remove the old and install the new (ha ha ha!).
it turns out the the reason it was hard to open and close was because the rear part was welded in crooked,

It takes a real pro to be able to twist the steps so much that it was over one inch out of square in 18" of depth. No worries, a pry bar with me jumping up and down on it popped it right off.

I pounded the stairway guides straighter, I’m on vacation so my welding equipment is at home. The Glowstep is so forgiving the I was able it install it within minutes with minimal fuss. Torqued all the bolts down, reinstalled the stairs and tried out all the positions.

This stairway is incredible! It is very adjustable with three upper positions and independent lower feet for uneven terrain. I would give it a thumbs up!

7D5515C8-FD7F-46BC-B7D9-B575AFC4C187.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MCTalley

We love ours. We've had ours about 2.5 years now and they're still as tight and stable as they were when we installed them. And we're full-time, so they get used literally every day. Torklift are great folks all around and build a solid product.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Anyone with glow steps, us included, is happy to have made the switch
bc5023f2f62809264aae3639f536dc62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yepper! Been using our Torklift Glowsteps for 3 years. Still work perfectly! I tried to lift and store the competition's fold-in-the-door steps on a demo coach at the National Rally, and it was super-heavy. Not to mention the first step was only 4" off the ground, on level ground. The other steps are about 8" apart, which means the step size isn't equal, even in a "normal" circumstance. This can cause stumbling, because we instinctively take a step up and down steps equally.

mlpeloquin

We have had the GlowStep for quite some time. My wife had a hard time seeing the steps in a dark RV park. I added solar puck lights.GloeStep.JPG

Bogie

We have only had ours for about a month and we love them! DW is especially happy. She says she no longer feel like she's going to fall off the steps when she is exiting the trailer. And.....Installation was a snap.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Installation would have been a snap if the main housing was square. It has since been fixed.
I really like the pluck lights. Do they attract a lot of bugs during the night.

So far, so good with us!

mlpeloquin

Not that I have noticed, but in California there isn't as many critters unless you are in the central valley. I did not notice any attraction when we crossed the US last year. Not even in Florida in the Orlando Thousand Trails Wildlife Preserve.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Well, it looks like we are going to be adding a step to our four step model. It seems to be right on the edge of “it’s pretty nice on a flat level concrete pad, not so good once we are on dirt or some such”.

The first step our of the trailer is more crucial than the last step and the you’re pretty much used to using a big step at first when going up. I want this to be closer to 7.5 - 8” per step. I’ll be calling a rep to make sure and then we’ll order.

We will be doing more boon docking and dry camping than level pad anyway.

NYSUPstater

I like the puck lights! In the pic, it kinda looks like landing lights along side a runway at a airport. Pretty cool I think.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Funny.

I have the four step model and have been thinking about taking one step out.

Seems that no matter where I set up...that bottom step is lower in the back than the front.

Otherwise...love the Glow Steps!

ProwlerGlowStep8-P3200628.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Lyle, are your steps ever not level, front to back of the tread?

I saw several that way last week in Indiana.

Not usually. I do what I can to make sure they’re as level and even as possible
Just like other steps though that last one may be a bit short or long compared to the others if the site is way out of level
I scrolled through my BH photos and I don’t have any with the steps significantly off kilter

Bogie

Funny.

I have the four step model and have been thinking about taking one step out.

Seems that no matter where I set up...that bottom step is lower in the back than the front.

Otherwise...love the Glow Steps!

John,

I have the 4 step on my Sundance as well. I tried taking out one step. The end result was a much larger rise on the last step (as compared to the rest) before entering the trailer. I thought it was too much and worried anyone entering might miss the step up and fall. I put the fourth step back in. It works much better this way IMHO.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
John,

I have the 4 step on my Sundance as well. I tried taking out one step. The end result was a much larger rise on the last step (as compared to the rest) before entering the trailer. I thought it was too much and worried anyone entering might miss the step up and fall. I put the fourth step back in. It works much better this way IMHO.
How difficult or time consuming is it to be removing or adding the extra step?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
How difficult or time consuming is it to be removing or adding the extra step?

We added a step to ours and it was super easy. Torklift sent step by step instructions with the add a step. It took about an hour.

Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We added a step to ours and it was super easy. Torklift sent step by step instructions with the add a step. It took about an hour.

Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Its good to know it was easy. It's too bad it takes so much time to change the step configuration. I could see it being very useful to change is certain situations though.