Sinking into asphalt

emery395

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Hoping you can help. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Given:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]- never intend to move cyclone now parked on asphalt [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]- however asphalt getting depressed at wheels and jacks about 1 inch after 18 months [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]- have just added much larger (surface area) cement blocks under jacks so now I’m more worried about tire sinking [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Asking:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Is there any problem now in lifting unit enough to take some weight off tires?
suggestions for what to place under wheels?[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]should I lift unit once a year and rotate tires?[/FONT][/FONT]

avvidclif

If I were to never plan on moving it the tires would be in storage and the frame sitting on concrete blocks, like a mobile home.

NYSUPstater

Our driveway/blacktop was orig installed in '95 or so and parking of heavy vehicles truck (RV added in '05), it too developed depressions. Last year we had the d-way re-done and all they did for the low spots was add additional blacktop to the low spots before main re-surface was done. I've placed 3/4" PT plywood (cut 2' wide x 4' long) doubled up under tires, and 2"x12"x18" (4 each under front 4 legs---2 boards screwed together w/ handle which makes up the 4 boards if this makes sense). And a year later, I've notice small depressions yet again. IMO, the only real way to not have any is concrete under all points of contact. Hope this helps/makes sense.

emery395

rv jack pad.JPGI'm afraid that because of zoning issues, I have to keep the tires on the RV to differentiate it from a mobile home although I do not own a tow vehicle.

Hoping that the asphalt and gravel below will compress to a static point. I will jack up the tires and fill in the depression before lowering the tires back down onto something with a greater surface area.

The photo shows the former 1" patio block and the new 4x8x16 concrete jack support.

aatauses

I agree that you should put more surface area under both the jacks and the tires. I use 12x12" plywood and it works fine. Here is something else you may want to consider. Be careful about parking tires directly on hot top---the oil in the tar can eat into your tires--I always put something under tires when parked on hot top. If the RV is level I just use some vehicle floor mats to put something between tar and tires.
al
currently in AZ