Winegard Trav'ler install

orion7144

I installed it during the pre-rally. Thanks to Don Gilbert for helping me get it on the roof. The rest was pretty easy. I used the mounting plate for added strength. The "pre-wire" for the power cable, located in the ceiling of the bedroom, had a female connector and the one from the sat also had a female connector. Heartland had about 10' of cable stashed in the ceiling so I could have run it directly to the sat and opened the weather proof box where the connections are but I chose to just cut the excess cable and just splice the two together. I also cut all of the RG6 to length and installed my own connectors.
20190608_135130.jpg20190608_135136.jpg20190608_141657.jpg

Chrisandsama

I installed it during the pre-rally. Thanks to Don Gilbert for helping me get it on the roof. The rest was pretty easy. I used the mounting plate for added strength. The "pre-wire" for the power cable, located in the ceiling of the bedroom, had a female connector and the one from the sat also had a female connector. Heartland had about 10' of cable stashed in the ceiling so I could have run it directly to the sat and opened the weather proof box where the connections are but I chose to just cut the excess cable and just splice the two together. I also cut all of the RG6 to length and installed my own connectors.
View attachment 62068View attachment 62069View attachment 62070
How did you know where to look for the rooftop cable? I have no ceiling plate anywhere in the bedroom or front closet, and no sign of it on my roof.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How did you know where to look for the rooftop cable? I have no ceiling plate anywhere in the bedroom or front closet, and no sign of it on my roof.

You might have to pull a ceiling light or bedroom speaker to find the cable.

Peace
Dave

orion7144

My 2018 32RS did not have the pre-wire. If you have the MSRP sheet from dealer it will tell you if it had the pre-wire. If not you will have to run the cables yourself.

Chrisandsama

You might have to pull a ceiling light or bedroom speaker to find the cable.

Peace
Dave
i will try that tonight, in my UDC the wall plate shows ground level which my satellite is hooked to now and roof top connections so i assume it is pre wired.

- - - Updated - - -

My 2018 32RS did not have the pre-wire. If you have the MSRP sheet from dealer it will tell you if it had the pre-wire. If not you will have to run the cables yourself.
I dont have the sheet but im going exploring in the bedroom ceiling tonight and will post what i find lol.