New Owner, Questions, Sundance 3300CK

KWfarmer

Purchased a 2011 Sundance 3300CK and was going through the general things this evening and had a couple questions.

Next, what are the D/S Security light switches for? I turn them on and can't figure out what they control.

Also have a couple wires just in front of the step underneath, 1 white and 2 green (these connect to the same end), and what looks like a spot nearby for a screw. Are these grounds for something that need to be hooked back up?

Also how far should the water heater drain thread in? Previous owner had it out for storage and it seems to only screw in a turn or so with lots of threaded area out. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

KWfarmer

These are the 2 wires just in front of the step I'm referring to. What are they for? And I'm guessing they should be grounded to the frame with a screw in that hole?

Attachments

• 20190624_212711.jpg
    20190624_212711.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11

danemayer

Purchased a 2011 Sundance 3300CK and was going through the general things this evening and had a couple questions.

Next, what are the D/S Security light switches for? I turn them on and can't figure out what they control.

You should have security lights near the roof line on each side. Bulbs may be burned out. Might as well get LED replacements. Take the cover off each light and remove the bulbs. You should be able to match by form factor and pin type.

Also have a couple wires just in front of the step underneath, 1 white and 2 green (these connect to the same end), and what looks like a spot nearby for a screw. Are these grounds for something that need to be hooked back up?

No telling what those are. Might be something the prior owner installed. Might be worth trying to trace them to see where the other end goes.

Also how far should the water heater drain thread in? Previous owner had it out for storage and it seems to only screw in a turn or so with lots of threaded area out. Is this normal?

Try cleaning the threads on the water heater and the anode rod with a wire brush. Wrap the anode rod threads with Teflon Tape (from any hardware store).