New Heartland Pioneer owner and not happy

eplaugher

I purchased a 2019 Heartland Pioneer RD210 about a month ago from Camping World. We took it out once and these are the things that we found, roof leaks into the bathroom area under the sink (this is no small leak), cargo area leaks, microwave doesn't work and needs to be replaced, the oven was missing one of the seals and the bottom seal feel off, the outdoor shower will not shut off completely, the front driver side stabilizer won't deploy and you have to hand crank it, when I installed the backup camera the ground wire was broken and there was water inside the camera housing. I took the trailer back to Camping World and they have had it almost a month, sitting in the rain with water leaking into the trailer. I'm not a happy camper.

danemayer

Hi eplaugher,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear you're having these problems and that you're unhappy with Camping World's progress on fixing it. Let me suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if any parts have been ordered. If nothing's been ordered, Customer Service may be able to contact CW on your behalf to help move things along.

BTW, I've deleted your other thread as duplicate and redundant posting is contrary to forum rules.

NP_Chief

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Camping World has a bad reputation for not servicing the customers after the sale. If they have not started on your rig, I would suggest finding an independant service facility to do the repairs. Heartland usually allows PRE-AUTHORIZED repairs by independant service centers.

sengli

Camping world has never been known, for getting the job done, from what I have read. I personally would call and get the parts sent to me to fix as much of the problems you described myself. The roof leak, that could be something simple, you just have to take a look.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The best way to deal with warranty issues is to document them, report them to Heartland first, then contact the dealer last and let them know that you've already alerted Heartland to the warranty issues and that they are expecting a call for a parts order ASAP.

And even give them the name and phone number of the person you spoke to at Heartland to expedite the parts order.

This way the dealership can't give you the old "Waiting on parts" run around when in fact they haven't even ordered your parts yet.

Most that leave their RV's at the dealership get that excuse when most likely the dealership has not even touched it yet (unless they backed into it with another RV or a forklift).

The other thing...

Never, ever leave your RV at any dealership for months on end...

If you need to take it to them so they can inspect the issue(s)...

Let them look at it and figure out what they might need, then take your RV home, and let them know that you will bring it back to them once they have ALL of the parts in stock and are ready to complete the repairs (while you sit there and wait preferably).

Don't fall for the "free storage over the winter while they wait for parts to arrive" line that I read around the internet...

This is often the cause of more problems than you bargained for (read above line about the forklift)!

As others have said above, you don't have to use Camping World for warranty repairs...

And if you purchased the Camping World extended warranty...look into cancelling that out and get a refund on it ASAP!

It can be done!

NP_Chief

Who are some good RV Repair facilities in the Northern Virginia area?

There was a post on here a few weeks ago that had a link to independant service centers by state and even gave a ranking... I've looked and can't seem to find it again. Maybe the OP will see this and post it again.

kowAlski631

Where in Northern VA are you located? Our sons live in Manassas & Woodbridge, so might be able to get a line in one for you.

Lynn1130

I did not read this entire thread so might have missed it but DO NOT fail to get a clearance from Heartland BEFORE you take the unit to another location that is not Heartland approved. Get approval from Heartland prior, clearing the repair location that you are going to take it to. If you fail to do that you will be paying for repairs with no reimbursement.

wdk450

There was a post on here a few weeks ago that had a link to independant service centers by state and even gave a ranking... I've looked and can't seem to find it again. Maybe the OP will see this and post it again.

RVServiceReviews.com

On Edit: BTW, here is a link to a post from Jim Beletti of 1/1/07 on the official Heartland Warranty options.
Many owners on their hard earned experience say: "Just go to option #4". https://heartlandowners.org/showthr...tional-Vehicles-–-Warranty-service-Procedures

paulndebb

This is very good advice, thanks for the heads up

The best way to deal with warranty issues is to document them, report them to Heartland first, then contact the dealer last and let them know that you've already alerted Heartland to the warranty issues and that they are expecting a call for a parts order ASAP.

And even give them the name and phone number of the person you spoke to at Heartland to expedite the parts order.

This way the dealership can't give you the old "Waiting on parts" run around when in fact they haven't even ordered your parts yet.

Most that leave their RV's at the dealership get that excuse when most likely the dealership has not even touched it yet (unless they backed into it with another RV or a forklift).

The other thing...

Never, ever leave your RV at any dealership for months on end...

If you need to take it to them so they can inspect the issue(s)...

Let them look at it and figure out what they might need, then take your RV home, and let them know that you will bring it back to them once they have ALL of the parts in stock and are ready to complete the repairs (while you sit there and wait preferably).

Don't fall for the "free storage over the winter while they wait for parts to arrive" line that I read around the internet...

This is often the cause of more problems than you bargained for (read above line about the forklift)!

As others have said above, you don't have to use Camping World for warranty repairs...

And if you purchased the Camping World extended warranty...look into cancelling that out and get a refund on it ASAP!

It can be done!