Salesman trying NOT to sell...?

Newk

We are upgrading from a Salem Hemisphere 300BH and are looking for a Fifth Wheel. Our local dealer had a Milestone 377MB that has a floor plan and features that we like. The price is very low for a 42’ 5er. The salesman tried talking me out of it, and into a smaller, cheaper trailer... He said that Milestone is a junk brand and build quality is poor. It appears that Milestone is new to the Heartland group. Does anyone know anything about it? Do they cut corners on this more than other brands to keep price low? We have been camping for 10 years, have had 2 Forrest River and one Keystone. This would be our first Heartland. Any news out there about Milestone? I see there is a Milestone specific section here, but no information posted yet.

Thanks

Newk

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
My first thought is that the salesman is pushing you toward a coach that provides him with the biggest commission.

carl.swoyer

We are upgrading from a Salem Hemisphere 300BH and are looking for a Fifth Wheel. Our local dealer had a Milestone 377MB that has a floor plan and features that we like. The price is very low for a 42’ 5er. The salesman tried talking me out of it, and into a smaller, cheaper trailer... He said that Milestone is a junk brand and build quality is poor. It appears that Milestone is new to the Heartland group. Does anyone know anything about it? Do they cut corners on this more than other brands to keep price low? We have been camping for 10 years, have had 2 Forrest River and one Keystone. This would be our first Heartland. Any news out there about Milestone? I see there is a Milestone specific section here, but no information posted yet.

Thanks

Newk
There's someone on the heartland owners forum selling a 2012 Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel appears to be in excellent condition. I own the same model. If your interested I can send see about getting the contact info.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Over the years when I worked, we always joked that sales people's behavior can be described by the "green" theory. Whatever gives them the most "green" is what they try hard to sell.

Seriously, any time a sales person disparages something you're interested in, you have to wonder about their motivation.

Heartland (and other manufacturers) offer a wide range of RVs that appeal to buyers at a wide range of price points to fit all budgets. Naturally an RV selling for $40,000 won't be the same as one selling for $70,000. Clearly there will be differences. But if you never had a $70,000 RV, you may never notice the differences.

The Milestone 377MB has a 15,000 lb. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and is 42' long. You'll want to make sure you have enough truck to safely tow that size rig. If you're not sure about the truck, visit Fifth Wheel Safe Towing for info.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I might just have a 2015 Prowler P292 going on the market very soon if you are interested...