Mini circuit breakers

CoveredWagon

Ok I know about the manual reset breaker, and I know where I have a 50amp breaker and I have two unused breakers and I can see the rating on one breaker at 12v and 30 amp, but what about the rest. Are they all 30 amp? I'm only looking to buy a couple of spares. We have a 2018 Bighorn.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

jnbhobe

Just buy one fifty amp auto reset, you'll never need a 30

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danemayer

Look at the wires attached to the circuit breakers, on the side opposite the copper buss bar that connects the row of breakers. Some wires are quite thick. Those are 50 amp circuits. Others are much thinner. Those are 30 amp circuits.

The wire and circuit breaker should be matched. If the device being powered draws too much power, you want the circuit breaker to trip before the wire gets overheated.

CoveredWagon

Thanks, I guess what my real question was are the breakers all 30 amp except for the one 50 amp and the one manual reset breaker. I understand the wire gage and all that part. I just can’t see the markings on the breakers.

LBR

Thanks, I guess what my real question was are the breakers all 30 amp except for the one 50 amp and the one manual reset breaker. I understand the wire gage and all that part. I just can’t see the markings on the breakers.
It doesn't take too long to dismantle that breaker buss and read the amperage on each one to be sure.

Our 2017 CY had the common breaker popping problem with the hydraulic pump/stabilizing legs. I purchased a replacement 50A breaker to swap out the factory breaker....turned out it was initially just a 30A.

I think I'll do the same thing.... double check the factory wiring "gurus" to make sure I don't have a 50A breaker protecting a 30A circuit.

ARMCA

Hello! New to the forum and having trouble with 12V going into my trailer. Thanks to the wonderful help on here I'm thinking it's the mini breakers.

Does anyone know specifically where they would be on a 2013 Trailrunner 29RK? I don't recall seeing them at the front of the trailer, and mine is located hours away from home so I would like to have a good idea of where they are (or alternates to being located at the front) before I go up again.

Thanks!

danemayer

Hello! New to the forum and having trouble with 12V going into my trailer. Thanks to the wonderful help on here I'm thinking it's the mini breakers.

Does anyone know specifically where they would be on a 2013 Trailrunner 29RK? I don't recall seeing them at the front of the trailer, and mine is located hours away from home so I would like to have a good idea of where they are (or alternates to being located at the front) before I go up again.

Thanks!

The breakers are typically within 24" of the batteries. On travel trailers, they may be mounted along the front edge of the trailer. They're covered by red rubber boots.