Awning screws

dlafko

So Had an interesting discovery today found three screws pulled out of our awning from the wall of our camper and the glue is basically pulling away anybody else have this issue and it heartland cover it or did you have to pay for yourself no known wind issue or any of weather related problems the screws are just out still attached but looks like they weren’t really screwed into anything solid

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisandsama

So Had an interesting discovery today found three screws pulled out of our awning from the wall of our camper and the glue is basically pulling away anybody else have this issue and it heartland cover it or did you have to pay for yourself no known wind issue or any of weather related problems the screws are just out still attached but looks like they weren’t really screwed into anything solid
I did this to mine also not too long after I got it. It's from rolling up the awning full speed and slamming into the side of the camper. I repaired it myself and now when rolling up the awning I stop early and just bump the switch so it doesn't slam. Hope this helps.

CoveredWagon

I found several screws broken off in my slide topper supports. Apparently they were torqued too much at the factory. I had to drill new hole to install new screws.

dlafko

I did this to mine also not too long after I got it. It's from rolling up the awning full speed and slamming into the side of the camper. I repaired it myself and now when rolling up the awning I stop early and just bump the switch so it doesn't slam. Hope this helps.

How did you repair it.. Do the screws just screw back in and what about the black stuff around it?

Chrisandsama

How did you repair it.. Do the screws just screw back in and what about the black stuff around it?

Added new butyl tape behind it and did have to add a couple new screws in different locations as the ones pulled out, I filled those holes with golf tees and screwed the screws back into the tees. finished it off with non-leveling caulk, thats what the black stuff is. i have self leveling and non-leveling caulk in every color that matches my coach just in case something like this happens.