Slide will not retract - RESOLVED

txtinman

My living room/kitchen slide will not retract. When the button is pushed the motor does not run. The bedroom slide operates as it should. I called Heartland support but the technician was unable to help me. He suggested I have a mobile repair service look at it. I'm in upper Michigan and have not found a mobile service yet. I've checked all circuit breakers, fuses and wire connections. I found a diagram that shows the switch layout and how to troubleshoot it. The actual wire colors do not match the diagram but I checked it as well as I could. I'm not really sure if I did it right. I could not find 12v anywhere. I checked the bedroom switch and was able to find 12v on it. The troubleshooting instructions said to check wire connections and circuit breakers. All looks good. Would the absence of 12v on the switch indicate a bad switch? Any help with this problem will be appreciated. I'm near Marquette, MI. If anyone knows a mobile repair service near here let me know.

A wire was disconnected from the switch. I was looking in the panel behind the switches to troubleshoot my satellite coax wiring, (not solved yet), and I must have pulled the wire loose from the switch. It was hidden and I did not find it until just now as I was trying to find where each wire went. I'm glad is was a simple fix, but embarrassed I didn't find it right away. Thanks for all the suggestions. Now to find that coax problem.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Re: Slide will not retract

It would help to know the make and model and If it is a hydraulic slide out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

I would try swapping stuff the switches. Slide to slide.
You got nothing to lose.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Let's assume you have a hydraulic slide in the living room/kitchen, and an electric slide in the bedroom.

If you have the 6 point levelup system, turn the control panel on and cycle the control to show voltage. When on shore power, you should be seeing 13.2 - 13.6 V DC. If that looks good, cycle it to manual mode and retract the rear jacks for a second to see if the hydraulic pump starts. If the pump runs, you may want to recheck the switch, with the common lead of the meter on a known good ground - not on the switch.

Let us know what you find.

txtinman

It would help to know the make and model and If it is a hydraulic slide out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Well the make and model is in my sig and it is a hydraulic slide.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's assume you have a hydraulic slide in the living room/kitchen, and an electric slide in the bedroom.

If you have the 6 point levelup system, turn the control panel on and cycle the control to show voltage. When on shore power, you should be seeing 13.2 - 13.6 V DC. If that looks good, cycle it to manual mode and retract the rear jacks for a second to see if the hydraulic pump starts. If the pump runs, you may want to recheck the switch, with the common lead of the meter on a known good ground - not on the switch.

Let us know what you find.
Now that you mention it the bedroom slide is electric I believe. Tomorrow I'll check the pump to see if it runs.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Well the make and model is in my sig and it is a hydraulic slide.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that you mention it the bedroom slide is electric I believe. Tomorrow I'll check the pump to see if it runs.

That doesn’t show up for those of us using Tapatalk on our cell phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

That doesn’t show up for those of us using Tapatalk on our cell phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shows for me on TapaTalk fine...
57c6192463edd3590a7f1bf311231b6c.jpg

txtinman

I tried the jacks and they work as they should. I swapped the wires with the bedroom switch. The bedroom slide operates and the kitchen slide does not. It appears the switches are not the problem, so I'm not getting power to the switch. I'm reviewing the schematic from Heartland. I'll probably give them another call for help. I can't find any repair shops near me so I've got to fix this myself.

danemayer

Check your fuses again. If you're looking for an illuminated LED to indicate a blown fuse, the LED will only light up when there's a load; i.e. you're holding the switch depressed.

WV_Ram

Slide will not retract

Every trailer I have ever help troubleshoot have always had a circuit breaker hidden somewhere before switch, like behind drawers, cabinets, etc. I assume you have actually checked for 12 volts at the switch. That guarantees if problems are before or after switch.

771c3e1b93c8a42dc4742032a5273c3b.jpg

Hope this helps

danemayer

Glad to hear you got it figured out, and thanks for sharing the solution.

I apologize, I’m new here and don’t see the solution, could you share it with me? We can’t get our bedroom slide to retract and we are new owners/first timers.