2016 F350 bounce issue

NYSUPstater

Hi everyone, i also have bounce question. I have a 2019 Ford F 350 dual wheel with 8' bed pulling a 40' 5th wheel. When i go over some of the bridges in Pa you would think it was going to brake in half. Would air bags help any? The rv is 12000 lbs with hitch wt of 2000 lbs. When hooked up my over load springs just touch.
Thanks for any advice
Tom C

I removed the overload brackets off my '17 dually and that is with 3500+ pin weight. Still get a heck of a bang/jolt when going over expansion joints/blacktop seams. This is a stock susp and am thinking of trying the Schulastic (sp) thing. On the 5er, have a 5th Airborne hitch which does what it's supposed to, just the truck has the jolt. But back to the overload brackets, w/ them removed, truck rides very good and IMO still a tad nose high for 5er. Sounds like we have a similar prob.

CDN

B and B
I run full stock and sit on the overloads with 3,100 pin weight. I have Reese Elite hitch and Reese Sidewinder.

I get chucking at times. That can be expected considering I have no isolation.

The OP friends really needs to know pin weight also with heavy at the back of the toy hauler might just be too much. Could be trailer suspension is bottoming out forcing more weight on the pin when it does so causing the truck bounce.

NYSUPstater

CDN,

I found my weight chart and I have 3740 pin. Your chucking could be due to hitch as I had the same in previous hitch (Reese), but none now (B&W Patriot). I agree too that OP needs to get accurate weight info, but I still feel he should remove the brackets for the aux springs so they do not engage. For me, while no expert, probly need north of 4k pin to eliminate the banging when going over said bumps in my previous post.

CDN

B and B
CDN,

I found my weight chart and I have 3740 pin. Your chucking could be due to hitch as I had the same in previous hitch (Reese), but none now (B&W Patriot). I agree too that OP needs to get accurate weight info, but I still feel he should remove the brackets for the aux springs so they do not engage. For me, while no expert, probly need north of 4k pin to eliminate the banging when going over said bumps in my previous post.

The Aux spring is there for a reason. I would not be removing the brackets, liability concern if you loose control not mention bottoming out on a bad road. I run on the aux spring all the time towing and don't seem to have the noises others have. I am considering air bags or Timbren as my truck is daily driver all winter in salt and snow. There is less to go wrong with Timbren in these conditions.