E-Track

Freshman

I am looking to add some E-Track to the garage of my Torque 371. I pulled the tie downs that are currently installed and they are just screwed in with 2" self tapping screws. I am not concerned about using the same screws to install the E-Track, but I am concerned about hitting the electrical or tanks that may be located below the floor. Has anyone installed either E-Track or tie downs into the floor? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Dmetcalf

I have and decided to use 1/2 in. Wood screws so they wouldn’t penetrate beyond the depth of the plywood and I ran a screw in every hole in the e-track for added strength. So far so good.

avvidclif

I figured out the flooring is abt 1" thick. I used #12 Stainless steel metal screws in every other hole. Drilled a pilot hole also. I now have all the pieces and have to finish the job, load the bike, and see how it all goes together.

scayne62

could you share a picture of your layout, Tryign to decide how I want to layout the e-track in my 371. IT sure does lack tie downs back there compared to other TH I have seen.

porthole

Retired
I used ABT, aluminum beveled track when I had the toy hauler.
The factory tie downs typically use the steel cross members as the mounting location. Look under the trailer, you should see 4 or 5 cross-members the self tappers are screwed into.

When I did the ABT I used 1/4-20 screws and nuts at the crossmember locations and then used 1.5" wood screws in all the other holes.

ABT is the aircraft stuff.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=262148&viewfull=1#post262148