Bench Backing Came Off -- Looking For Fasteners/Staples

GregD904

Hello,

I currently own a 2019 Heartland Prowler Lynx 25LX travel trailer. Before our first camping trip I noticed that the backing, cardboard like material that covers the frame of the bench came loose. It looks like it was somehow jostled and "ripped" out of several of the staples. This is on the outside of the bench (when you first walk into the camper and look right, that is the bench I am referring to) as well as on the inside. The top portion was also off as the nail had come out. I had repaired the top part and superglued as much of the panel to the wood on both sides as I could, but it is still wobbly.

The staples that were holding this into place are currently still in the wood, but ripped through the panel. I am looking to buy these staples and the appropriate staple gun so that I can re-attach them. I have been heavily searching Home Depot, Lowes, my local hardware store and the internet for the "staples" that are used on these and cannot seem to find them.

I recently joined this forum and figured I would start here before reaching out to Heartland directly. Does anything know the name or term for these staples that hold this backing in? Where would I be able to obtain them? Are they not staples, but fasteners?

If anyone has any insight and could point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you,
Greg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pneumatic staples come in two crown sizes (the width of the exposed part of the staple. Narrow crown staples are about 7/32” and the wider, T-50 types, are about 1/2”. Both come in different lengths and how far they penetrate depends on the air pressure you shoot them. Both require an air gun specific to the type of staple and an air compressor. You can find them at Home Depot, Lowe’s, or maybe Menurds. A hand powered stapler may not have enough force to fully seat the staple and you need to practice with a pneumatic gun to get the air pressure right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregD904

Pneumatic staples come in two crown sizes (the width of the exposed part of the staple. Narrow crown staples are about 7/32” and the wider, T-50 types, are about 1/2”. Both come in different lengths and how far they penetrate depends on the air pressure you shoot them. Both require an air gun specific to the type of staple and an air compressor. You can find them at Home Depot, Lowe’s, or maybe Menurds. A hand powered stapler may not have enough force to fully seat the staple and you need to practice with a pneumatic gun to get the air pressure right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the specific type of staples, I have been trying to figure this out for a while. I do have a compressor and an airgun made by Porter & Cable. Now that I know what they are called I can see if I can get the right airgun type. Do you think this is something I can rent?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you will have little use you can buy a crown stapler at Harbor Freight for around $20-$30.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
As far a renting, some Home Depot stores have tool rental services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregD904

Thanks to everyone who posted in here to help me! I bought the staple gun at Harbor Freight.

It worked perfectly and I was able to get the board back on and it looks good!

Sent from my iPhone