seelevel tank monitor system

Kathi-27

fyi on our 2019 Newport installing seelevel 709-4 system. the fresh water and kitchen gray tank take 710es sensor. The front bath tanks black and gray both take 710js sensor. Front of tank is only place to put sensors on front bath tanks.

Kathi-27

Update. Got new sensors 710js cut to min length 4 inch will just fit on the inside of frt tanks in drop down frame section. In the center between tanks. put black tank sensor in the middle of tank and the gray tank sensor close to the back of tank. Working fine at this time.

TheSniper

I know this post is a few weeks old. Did you happen to take pics of your install?
Im considering putting seelevel sensors on my tanks but after looking at the tank profile? dunno how thats going to happen.
Sam

Kathi-27

I know this post is a few weeks old. Did you happen to take pics of your install?
Im considering putting seelevel sensors on my tanks but after looking at the tank profile? dunno how thats going to happen.
Sam
what rv do you have. no I never thought to till I was done. you can pm me if you want to talk about it. so far I like the system. wasn't that hard

Update. Got new sensors 710js cut to min length 4 inch will just fit on the inside of frt tanks in drop down frame section. In the center between tanks. put black tank sensor in the middle of tank and the gray tank sensor close to the back of tank. Working fine at this time.

I have a 2017 Newport. Did you put a sensor in the half bath black? Also, I haven't taken the coroplast down, is the galley gray tank right underneath the sink?

Kathi-27

no sensor for 1/2 bath. use factory system. gray tank is just in front of front axle. where the 1 1/2 line comes out coroplast. on the front bath tanks in the drop down you need the short sensors 710-js cut to 4 inchs. pm me if you want to talk about it

roy67ss

Kathi-27, I have a question about your chosen sensor location. From your description, you have tanks with a similar profile to mine - a support ledge along the sides. If you install the sensors on the lower part, you must be showing full when they are actually only 50 - 60 %. Nearly half of my gray and black tanks is above the long side supports. There is also a step above the outlets so, that location is out. The only full depth side of the tanks is at the other end which is too close to a crossmember for the sensors, according to the instructions 2" minimum clearance from steel.

Anyone have any solution for this problem?

Kathi-27

you are correct. i put foam insulation on the metal and used 710-js cut to 4 inchs and put the sensor up to the cross member. have not had any problems. tank is about 3/4 full when it reads full.