Contact at heartland SOS

Tree14

Happy Wednesday I wish. I have a very serious problem with my Cyclone 4200 and need a contact at Heartland to call. Can anyone out there help me please? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

The only phone number I have for Heartland is the one I use for to get to the parts department. 1-574-262-8030.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I think they may be closed this week.

I just called both parts and service and got no answer.

Sowie

I have a 4200. Let us know what the problem is and maybe we can help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tree14

I have a 4200. Let us know what the problem is and maybe we can help.

Hello and thanks for offer. Our 2016 4200 has several major issues.The first is the LR slide. It leans 15% when operating, it looks like it is going to fallout.
Our roof has shrunk and oven cannot be used burns everything.
We have replaced 2 ACs too.

We drove it 5 1/2 hours to where we purchased it June 5 for these issues, camping world is the WORST and all we have.

Lippert is owning the slide issues but will not pay labor. Will not replace the slide roof either and other damages it has caused.

Now our dealer wants me to contact Heartland on all of these issues. They said the respond better to customers vs. dealers. We have to get our rig back since we live in it October-May in South Florida.. This year we are heading down late September due to our home build starting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

The bad news may be that you are out of warranty. I would still call Heartland and see what they say but contacting the manufacturer of the various items that are malfunctioning might get better results. In any event, if you can find another repair facility to go through you may be better off. Camping World does not have the best reputation.

Sowie

Dick Gore RV in Jacksonville, FL is where we purchased our 4200. They have a pretty good service Dept. Not sure where you are located but I agree camping world is probably not the best choice.

I too had two of my AC units go bad last year and dometic replaced them out of warranty but I had to pay the labor to install them which wasn’t much. They had a recall on AC units made in 2015.

My slide does tilt in at the bottom first then the top starts to move after a couple inches of movement. 15deg sounds like one of the arms underneath came apart.

I haven’t had any oven problems but like others have said since you are out of warranty contact the manufacturers directly.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having but we really love our 4200 and unique layout and side porch.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
For the oven...try putting a pizza stone in it.

Many have found that this will even out the heat from the burner...

danemayer

You might wonder why people are suggesting you get a pizza stone or tile to even out the heat, rather than try to get the oven repaired. Dealers techs are not likely to be experienced cooks. They may test whether the oven gets to within a certain temp relative to how it's set, but that's about it. Maybe the thermostat gets replaced. If you pushed really hard, you might be able to get a replacement oven from Furrion or whoever made the oven, but it might just do the same thing.

Slides are designed to be slightly off level so water runs off, rather than inside. But perhaps your vertical adjustment is off or a part is broken. Has the dealer diagnosed the problem and determined that it's more than an adjustment or simple parts replacement? Why haven't they just fixed it?

What do you mean when you say your "roof has shrunk"?

mlpeloquin

I use our Weber Q to cook roast and chicken. It does not heat up the fifth whee. I use an aluminum pan with a folding roasting rack. I slide in an oven thermometer and adjust the temp with the flame and cracking the lid open an inch or so to keep an even temperature. This works really well and you don't have to clean that small tight RV oven.

AnnaIvanZ

RE: the oven. Those that say to put a tile or pizza stone in the oven are spot-on. I have checked the oven with a thermometer and it's pretty spot-on. That being said, there is a hot spot in there and I burned stuff in there till I put the stone in it to even out the heat. Bakes really good now, but it takes longer. I sell baked goods out of our Cyclone at the park in Texas where we winter. The ladies there can't believe I make those items in what I call "my crappy RV oven". I do have a Breville countertop convection to help, but the baking for selling is 50-50 for each oven. I was never so glad to get home to my oven at home where I can bake 15 loaves of bread at a time. LOL