Awning adjustment

Jbttrfld

Does anyone know how to adjust the angle of the awning? If I try to leave awning out a little bit just to cover doorway (doesn’t really), water pools in the awning. Also can’t adjust the amount of protection from the sun. Awning fairly useless. Figure it must be operational error.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi jbttrfld,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you have knobs on the awning arms, you can pull one or both sides down and tighten the knob(s) to hold in place. If you pull one side down more than the other, it should shed water.

Be careful if high winds are expected.

emery395

MY cyclone has pull pins at the bottom arm where it attaches to trailer. There are several different holes to choose from.

LBR

Does anyone know how to adjust the angle of the awning? If I try to leave awning out a little bit just to cover doorway (doesn’t really), water pools in the awning. Also can’t adjust the amount of protection from the sun. Awning fairly useless. Figure it must be operational error.
Would help to know what trailer you have...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it’s an electric awning, it only has two positions, extended or retracted. Sure, you can stop it partially in either direction, but you see the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbttrfld

Thank you - I saw the knobs, loosened the one I can reach but unable to slide the arm. Thought I was doing something wrong. I wriggled it a little but certainly don’t want the thing to come apart and come crashing down. Yes it’s electric but it has those obvious adjustment knobs, just can’t make it work.
As an aside comment, I had an older MH with a manual awning that I considered to be a hassle. On retrospect, the old one worked better and there were endless possibilities for adjustment.

LBR

OPs info has updated after 2 posts. They have a 2016 Bighorn if that helps.

danemayer

Thank you - I saw the knobs, loosened the one I can reach but unable to slide the arm. Thought I was doing something wrong. I wriggled it a little but certainly don’t want the thing to come apart and come crashing down. Yes it’s electric but it has those obvious adjustment knobs, just can’t make it work.
As an aside comment, I had an older MH with a manual awning that I considered to be a hassle. On retrospect, the old one worked better and there were endless possibilities for adjustment.

On ours, I stand on the steps and pull down on the arm and then tighten the knob. For the other side, in front, I need something to stand on to reach the arm and pull it down.

Pulling the arm down causes it to slide in. Probably easier to pull down than to try to slide it toward the wall.

Jbttrfld

I’ve been pushing and pulling and coaxing and cussing, even used some lubricant to no avail. Neither side will budge. Guess it’s time to pay somebody to come out and “use a bigger hammer” so to speak. But thank you all for your helpful comments. More pressing is the water spraying out of the supply line for the front toilet. Just turned it off and letting dry for the moment. 🥴DDEAA990-48BE-4615-A66F-E37406D3691E.jpg

danemayer

More pressing is the water spraying out of the supply line for the front toilet. Just turned it off and letting dry for the moment.

If you have to pull the toilet out of the way, that's the time to install a Sharkbite (or comparable) press-on cut-off valve. No special tools needed to install. When installing, make sure you don't let go of the PEX coming out of the floor. Tape it or clip it or do something so it can't get away from you.