One project leads to another...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
At the National Rally in Goshen, we found out our MorRyde SRE4000 suspension needed to be replaced, due to faulty rubber vulcanization in the equalizer. MorRyde gave us 2 new Equalizers, but we had to install them ourselves. Well, last weekend, we did that. As it turns out, last year we had issues with 2 of our wet bolts breaking, and MorRyde had sent us a new kit that included the heavy duty shackles as well.

We decided to use all new parts for everything we touched.

Before:

ec65f75515439c5a093458cbebfbd524.jpg

78ec68b257a0197371376ff768f598e3.jpg

After:
a22165851ac2b111603d303377048098.jpg

88de3ba7f34d8cb23d8192c7de2733b0.jpg

Side by side:
0afc8b17eea9c693fa18f7c818ec20df.jpg

While doing this project, we discovered one of our wheels was not stopping properly.

So we tested the wiring (ok) and tried to manually adjust the brake, to no avail. Bought a new backer plate and bearing seal, figuring it was the easiest solution for whatever was wrong inside, then tore into it this morning (4th of July.)

We discovered a blown seal and grease all inside the brakes.

98f551beb24659f627a67a369da880a3.jpg

d982d1c8da4cacf08775ba034824f05c.jpg

856ed8f6a92f4db1cdc269503afbcb1b.jpg

We replaced the backer plate, cleaned everything up and reassembled.

05bd14e2a0cb20c91fb9ce1a3ec966e4.jpg

a104b0e04a3fe7215c98fc1dfdc44c41.jpg

Hoping this solves it! Disc brakes are on the wish list but just not feasible at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

We did new disc brakes and wet bolts this year at the rally on the Road Warrior. We could notice the difference in stopping distance. I like the way it stops you equally without pulling to either side.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, the new MorRyde SRE 4000 components (replacements for "defective units) were put to the test, a quick weekend trip to Terrell and back, about 3 hours one way.

The suspension still bounces a bunch in the rear, causing the tv to shift on its mount, the window shades to open, things like my printer that is sitting in the middle of the living room floor between opposing slides managed to bounce to an angle, table cloth fell off table, and a few other things "out of place" as well.

I don't know what else to do. This system obviously doesn't help for our rig.

NYSUPstater

TT,

My 1st answer would be to mash the go fast pedal on the truck and add wings to the 5er so it just "flies" over the bumps. Sounds good in theory, but either traffic would hinder you or the bears would give you a nice certificate acknowledging your high rate of fuel consumption!.

Seriously tho, that just plain stinks that after you did all that work and you still have problems. The one thing that does come to mind is IS. Wouldn't be cheap, but may end your bounce. Do other owners of same/similar coaches have same problem? Adding water to fresh tank? Don't really recommend this, but let some air out of RV tires? Contact MorRyde and see what they say as well. Our BC came thru w/ the CRE 3000 and so far been pretty happy w/ them.

Mike

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
IMO the “softer” the suspension the smoother the ride. So I’m wondering if the 4000’s stiffen the suspension and doesn’t allow the rig to “float” over the bumps and humps
We still have the dexter equalizers with heavier shackles and wet bolts. We experience very little disturbance of our contents on travel days.
BTW-the OEM lippert shocks are junk, 3 yrs old, 33K miles. I’ve no intention to replace them at this point either

What pin box is on the BC?

Last edited: