New Mallard M26 Owner

NYSUPstater

Re: New RV Owner

Dan is right above. We had a problem w/ our '18 Big Country which HL took care of. Yes we mentioned it only to alert others who have same coach so they could be on the lookout for it. Other than that, she has been a really good unit. Prior to buying it, we really knew nothing of the HL line as we had a Cedar Creek and was very happy w/ it and customer support. Yes Creek does build them differently than others, but we didn't like quite a few changes they made and no floorplan that suited us. We were however still considering a Creek, until we walked into a Big Horn in Hershey. Of course all the mfr's dress them up to the 9's w/ bling and all, but we liked what we saw. Kept it on back burner. Went to dealer nearby while camping cuz it was raining and walked thru a few HL's they had on lot. As soon as DW saw the heated/massage seats and 2nd fireplace, she hollered "This is it!".

Likewise, we had a '03 Ford F250 w/ the 6.0 Powerstroke and I don't deny we had some problems with it, Ford did take care of most yet one still persisted until we traded it in. Owned it for close to 12 years and 160k miles. Really had it set up nice after awhile for towing, but knew she was getting real close to being on borrowed time. There were and still is tons of horror stories on the 6.uh-ohs. Again, ours was no different, but she treated us well and was happy with it overall. But like Dane said, you hear more reviews from those w/ problems than that of those w/o. Reason we traded ours was multifold. Box supports rusting out which meant new box, exhaust manifolds cracking (quoted $1500-$3k), age and miles. Tranny was orig, engine had 130K miles so knew either one of those would equal cost of truck's worth. Rather than risk it, we traded it for a '15 F350. The '15 was an awesome off the lot purchase and thought we'd own her for a long time. That was until we bought the BC. Being a SRW truck, she was good around our neck of the woods towing the BC despite at and slightly over on max weights. Ended up trading that for a '17 F350 DRW and all the difference in the world for towing the BC. Like everything, it has it's disadvantages main one of which is wintertime. I'd rather have a SRW truck, but have to play the cards I'm dealt. So I'm not faulting the truck and posting it's a POS w/ this prob or that prob. I know what's up and adjust for it. Not going to do me any good whining about it. Kinda like restaurant reviews. The review may have had a bad experience and thus said the place isn't worth eating at. While you may have ate there and had a great meal/service. You just have to be diligent to accept some things, work out the others and work with mfr's in a civil way. We walked into the BC/HL line blind, but have been happy w/ everything and the folks on here IMO have been truly exceptional w/ help/advice and knowledge.

Bottom line enjoy you new coach and ask for help. From what I've observed, everyone on here has some sort of background on pretty much everything so answers come from their own experiences or work related careers.

Woody2411

Thanks y’all. Was kinda starting to worry. Was supposed to take it out for a trial run this weekend but now it’s pushed to next weekend.

GK2018

Thanks y’all. Was kinda starting to worry. Was supposed to take it out for a trial run this weekend but now it’s pushed to next weekend.
You're more than welcome! I bet you'll enjoy her and if you ever have any questions just ask away. Everyone on here is awesome and always willing to help out!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk