Replacing all ceiling lights in 2011 Landmark

Kandy

Wish we had not started this job, but half the lights did not work and the other half of the lens were falling out at every trip.
We purchased all new LED fixtures with bulbs and now none of the holes match and the base barely covers where the old one was.
I'm about to tear my hair out.
Nothing is easy when working on an old rig.

With the soft ceiling are there any suggestions as to how to keep these things on the ceiling?
Having to use bigger screws and am screwing into nothing but styrofoam. Should I use glue or double sided tape now?
Would hate to walk in with all 6 ceiling lights hanging from the wires....there is hardly nothing to screw into.

Thanks for the help.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
A little late for you now, but I just redid all mine in our 2011 Landmark. But I took a different route. Kept the old fluorescent fixtures and put LED strips in them. A good double sided tape might work to hold your new fixtures in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkamshop

I did what Gus did. Got the strips from the vendor at the Goshen rally. I love the light - we chose the 5500K and used 1 strip per fixture. Someone will have to chime in with the vendors name...