Sofa Vinyl delamination

Leslie10

I have a 2013 Torque. The vinyl on the couch is delaminating from the backing. You basically just touch it and it peels right off. Is anyone else having this issue? Was there a recall I may have missed?

rhodies1

I have a 2013 Torque. The vinyl on the couch is delaminating from the backing. You basically just touch it and it peels right off. Is anyone else having this issue? Was there a recall I may have missed?

No recall in the works..furniture is low grade. The warranty is one year and they will say this is wear and tear. You can contact Heartland to see who the supplier was at that time and maybe the supplier has some
material leftover but wouldn’t expect to find any.......
Take measurements.,find a suitable replacement that fits and have a burn party with the old one.

- - - Updated - - -

carl.swoyer

I replaced mine with residential genuine leather.
The MFG is Best Furniture.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Google best furniture. Ours is I think four years old.
f65823f7f839a1c3d7cfd34a1339430e.jpg

sengli

The "best" brand does smaller versions, of their regular line of sofas, theater seating units, and chairs.

SNOKING

Hot weather does that. We bought two barrel chairs at American Furniture in Phoenix a couple years ago, and the sales lady said if we did not leave the Park Model AC running in the summer that would happen to the chairs. We leave the AC on 88 when we are gone in the summer and have not had a problem with the chairs.

hut

Ours (2012) was doing the same. We just replaced with a new love seat and one recliner - all Lazyboy in the Microfiber. It's much more comfortable and and is all wall-away so it doesn't have to sit out as far from the wall. Upgrade! :)

It was funny: only one recliner was doing it. The loveseat and other recliner were fine.

bwdt

Just found mine peeling, and it is one month over a year old. only get sat on about twice a week........:( I'm thinking of putting a futton in its place with storage bins underneath. What do you think?

sgtbigb

We have the problem in our 2016 Bighorn. The love seats vinyl is coming apart from backing. Tried vinyl repair kit. But made the love seat even more uglier.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow Gene, long time no see. I know if I were in your shoes and my furniture delaminated I would just go buy a new rig.
Your due for a new one anyway...... right? Lol

Peace
Dave

Obvious a common problem from the other replies.
We had the same problem in our 2015 Cyclone.
Went to a local furniture store and purchased a leather couch (power recliners) & a power recliner chair (back ordered).
Hope they last longer that the 4 years we got out of the OEM vinyl crap.

IMG_4118 (2).JPG

sgtbigb

We have the problem in our 2016 Bighorn. The love seats vinyl is coming apart from backing. Tried vinyl repair kit. But made the love seat even more uglier.
Contact Heartland about this problem, they referred me to Lippert who knew about the problem and offered to pay for 50% of replacement cost.$785.00. I will have pay $785.00 plus shipping and installation. Better than nothing.:mad:

carl.swoyer

Contact Heartland about this problem, they referred me to Lippert who knew about the problem and offered to pay for 50% of replacement cost.$785.00. I will have pay $785.00 plus shipping and installation. Better than nothing.:mad:
Take the money and go buy residential furniture.
I did this 4 years ago and the furniture still looks new.

Piperflyer

Were you still under warranty when Lippert did this? Who do you contact from Lippert and how did you go about them paying half of the replacement cost?

gotfooled

I contacted LCI as per Heartlands advice. Apparently my "luxury upgrade Thomas Payne sofa and theatre seating" is not what it is cracked up to be. I have delaminating on both sofa and one recliner. (2017 heartland bighorn 3575EL). They sent me a catalogue with no price sheet. So 50% of what price is my "special" price? Plus tax and shipping. Do yourself a favor. Throw it out and burn it. Go to a furniture store and shop for a sale. Reason number 1 of 18 why NOT to buy an RV.

donnap

I have a question about replacing the Thomas Payne furniture with a residential brand. May I ask how you got it through the door? I'd love to explore this option.

carl.swoyer

I have a question about replacing the Thomas Payne furniture with a residential brand. May I ask how you got it through the door? I'd love to explore this option.
I purchased residential leather double power recliner and 1 single recliner.
The back's are removable.
The delivery guys walked right in with them.
I purchased "Best Furniture"
Google them and find a retail store that carries it.
I do have a post somewhere on the heartland forum.