Ice maker

david5311

Quick question. Does the water that goes to the ice maker filtered? Does it go through the same filter as the water dispenser?

Gaffer

81vV0f9dH7L._SX425_.jpg
One of these is not much protection.

​This is what you want for safe clean drinking water in your coach
B3109-RV-Essential-Jumbo-Filter-System_540x540.jpg

https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/STEP123.htm

Fox

I grew up drinking water through an outside hose AND siphoning gas out of cars.
I trust the filter in the fridge, swapped out annually (if/ when I remember).

Gaffer

I have s .5 micron whole home filter. I was just wondering about the water for the ice maker.
Thanks for the help
David
Then you won't even need the fridge filter. When it is time to change it, just discard it and do without.

WillyBill

Water won’t run without the fridge filter in place. Do you know of a bypass to use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW...My GE fridge at home works just fine without a filter in it-icemaker and water dispenser both. Your mileage may differ so try it to find out next time you change your filter.

WB

CDN

B and B
My Maytag fridge at home has a bypass plug. I have a ceramic filter and carbon filter for drinking water, works for many things in water like cysts.

In my RV the Insignia does not have a filter. I use a Camco filter, water softener to my tank then the internal carbon filter in the coach. The tank has never seen anything but filtered water; 98% of the time we are bon docking with electric service only.

Beckster

My home fridge has a dummy filter that allows the water to come through unfiltered. Perhaps just leave you old filter in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldelevatorman

My Maytag fridge at home has a bypass plug. I have a ceramic filter and carbon filter for drinking water, works for many things in water like cysts.

In my RV the Insignia does not have a filter. I use a Camco filter, water softener to my tank then the internal carbon filter in the coach. The tank has never seen anything but filtered water; 98% of the time we are bon docking with electric service only.

I’d throw away that Camco filter. They’re rated at 20 microns which will remove dust, hair and sand. That’s about it. Bacteria is 4 microns so any filter rated at 1 or less will filter out almost all contaminants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk