Our first North Trail

Hiya folks,
We picked up our 2018 NT 22CRB Caliber yesterday. Upgraded from an 18 foot Puma. With us, and 2 dogs, we found we were tripping over each other all the time.
It's a beautiful unit. Matches my truck nicely lol.
Hooking it up right after work and taking it out for 9 days.
We have a mystery switch on the main board by the door that we haven't figured out what it does yet, but I'm sure we will eventually.
It doesn't have an outside porch light, so it isn't for that. Awning lights work, inside lights work, nothing comes on when we hit it, so I'm stumped.
I feel like Monica from Friends.
Cheers

danemayer

Congratulations on your new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Is there an outlet on the exterior wall, door side, near the front of the trailer? Many trailers have a switched outlet there. Before LEDs, many people would hang lights on their awning and found it helpful to be able to turn them off from inside the trailer.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Hi and welcome to the Alberta Heartland Owners. I sent you a Private email introducing my wife and I as the Alberta Chapter Leaders for the Heartland Owners Club. WE are having our Rally this year in Camrose Alberta at the Camrose Exhibition Trail RV Park from Aug. 15 to the 18th and we'd love to have you attend and meet other owners. If interested you can reply to the Private email with a phone number and we can give you details or you can go on the Forum and look under the Events tab and find us under the AB Camrose site.

Doug & Lynne

I just phoned my wife, who is at the camper now setting it up for the trip starting tonight. It isn't the outlet. The search continues lol.
I have 9 days of nothing to do but relax and drink beer to figure this mystery out.

Thank you for the reply, and thanks so much Doug for the invite. I replied to your message.
Jason

CruzTerri

We have a mystery switch on the main board by the door that we haven't figured out what it does yet, but I'm sure we will eventually.
It doesn't have an outside porch light, so it isn't for that. Awning lights work, inside lights work, nothing comes on when we hit it, so I'm stumped.
Cheers

Ahh, we, too, had a mystery switch and someone graciously helped us. So I'll pay it forward. It could be the switch for your awning lights that you can't see when the awning is not extended. Be sure to keep them turned off so you don't harm your awning :)

Hope this helps!

Hiya folks,
We picked up our 2018 NT 22CRB Caliber yesterday. Upgraded from an 18 foot Puma. With us, and 2 dogs, we found we were tripping over each other all the time.
It's a beautiful unit. Matches my truck nicely lol.
Hooking it up right after work and taking it out for 9 days.
Cheers
It lights up the stairs at night