MorRyde StepAbove steps

david5311

Has anyone added to their Big Country? I have a 3650 RL and thinking of adding the morride steps. Any issues or problems?

David

BarbandFrank

Re: Morride steps

Before you pull the trigger on these, have you by chance considered Torq-Lift's Glow Steps?

We had these (Torklift Glow Steps) installed last month at the National Rally in Goshen. We are full-time - so they get a lot of use - and we love them! Strong and stable - and adjustable to fit your needs.

Not sure if the Morryde steps are the ones that store in the doorway of the RV. We did not want those kind of steps because of the dirt, pebbles and water that will inevitably land on the inside floor.

ChaSue

Re: Moryde steps

Our Cyclone 3600 came equipped with Moryde steps. Like the look, easy to stow away and great stability. However, it's harder to exit, we mostly use the rear door. The other issue, when parked in a site that has a drop-off, soft sand or soaked grass the adjustable legs don't reach or sink into surface. So we used the "Anderson Hitch stabilizer buckets" to support legs of step. For sand and soft surfaces we place a 2x6 board under legs. In Oklahoma last month for 10 days. It rained almost everyday. Ground super soaked. The steps sank into the ground. (2x6) solved it. Big Lake, Az. At our favorite site. Our steps come off the slide, so there out about 5' from the rig. Don't like the dirt and water getting inside.
Some Pluses and Some Negatives.
Not a real Fan.

I'd post a picture,but I can't figure out how to post it.

danemayer

We also have the Torklift and love them.

On some floorplans, the MorRyde installation can require some customization. But I don't know if that applies to your rig.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Torklift glow steps on our BH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Torque lift steps. Close quarters in storage and still can deploy and use almost like a ladder. Once a site was so steep that I lowered the top step one setting and everything was fine. There are three height settings for the top step and most don't know or remember it. Just the bottom adjustments. Note that it does male the first step a bit deep to step out on, but with adjustments on both ends, it makes it easy to park in any site.

Fox

We went with the Lippert steps (I don't now remember what drove the choice) but we are happy with them.
A big improvement over the bouncy steps Bighorn provided.

rdufek

Mor-Ryde all the way. They are so easy to install, it will take you longer to unpack them then to install. And the thing I love most about them is that the old steps stay right where they are and when it comes time to trade your trailer in take the More-Rydes with you and the old steps are right there. They are so solid and have had no issues folding them down or anything else. There are only a few instances where the Mor-Rydes won't work and hopefully someone with a 3650RL will chime in soon.

jaktwo

Love the Moryde we installed. Super easy. But if it is parked in storage, you may not be able to open. Something to consider. Either is an upgrade compared to old folding steel steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogie

Torklift glow steps here too. Love them! Very adjustable and very stable. DW was skeptical at first, but really loves the stability. Also, very easy to install (only four bolts.) I used a floor jack to lower the factory steps and raise the glow steps in place to bolt on.

NYSUPstater

Torklift glow steps here too. Love them! Very adjustable and very stable. DW was skeptical at first, but really loves the stability. Also, very easy to install (only four bolts.) I used a floor jack to lower the factory steps and raise the glow steps in place to bolt on.

Floor jack? Thought that's what Wheaties were for? LOL