Need Help - Fridge Not staying lit / or not relighting

hoskins

New to this fourm, hi all.
I am having trouble with my norcold N61/N81 (same series) rv fridge. We own a North Trail 30BHS

This is our first full summer camping with no electricity in a park and I am trying to run my fridge off propane when we are not there on the week days.
I have 150 watt solar panel running to a 20a control charger to charge 2 deep cycle battery's.

When we leave sun for the week, my fridge dont last no more then a few hours then cuts out and starts blinking check gas.

EXAMPLE: this sat past I went out and tried hooking my battery's to one, just in case i didn't have enough solar to charge 2. Before i reconnected it back up I checked the battery i was using, and I have 13.2 volts with no wires attached. So i said this is a good sign, so it should last.
Also before I left I checked the following:
Propane was working and tank is 3/4 full
flame was lit and fridge was going when left
checked my pipe and burner to make sure there was no rust or anything on it.
made sure fridge was set to auto.
checked all connections and made sure they were good and tight

So I left and I got a phone call from our neighbors 2 hours later saying the fridge is blinking again:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am searching on what to try and look at from here on out. I called the fridge company and they were useless, said i have to have someone look at it. I am a pretty handy person so I can try just about anything. Of what I am gathering i may have to take out the burner and clean it, and if its not that its my power board. Thinking this because it actually lights so that means i getting flame and gas. So it either goes out when it reaches the lowest setting i have it on and dont restart when the temp rises or it goes out for another reason.

May need a lil nit more clarification when it comes to checking wires and stuff but i can go most stuff. I called where I bought the camper and waiting on a call back, but figured i could find out faster before they call back.

Can anyone offer ANY advise on what to try or look at. I dont want to spent money in a power board when the problem could have cost me like $20 lol

Thanks
Paul

GK2018

We had a Dometic fridge with those same issues you describe and it turned out to be our power board. You could try blowing out the burner area with a can of compressed air and look for any mud dobbers that may have built a nest in your propane tube or for any spiders or webs that may be inhibiting the flow of propane. You may also try bleeding all your propane lines of any air by shutting off your fridge and lighting your cook stove and leaving it running for a couple minutes then turning your fridge back on to the propane side with the stove still going and see if that gets it to ignite and stay lit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GK2018

New to this fourm, hi all.
I am having trouble with my norcold N61/N81 (same series) rv fridge. We own a North Trail 30BHS

This is our first full summer camping with no electricity in a park and I am trying to run my fridge off propane when we are not there on the week days.
I have 150 watt solar panel running to a 20a control charger to charge 2 deep cycle battery's.

When we leave sun for the week, my fridge dont last no more then a few hours then cuts out and starts blinking check gas.

EXAMPLE: this sat past I went out and tried hooking my battery's to one, just in case i didn't have enough solar to charge 2. Before i reconnected it back up I checked the battery i was using, and I have 13.2 volts with no wires attached. So i said this is a good sign, so it should last.
Also before I left I checked the following:
Propane was working and tank is 3/4 full
flame was lit and fridge was going when left
checked my pipe and burner to make sure there was no rust or anything on it.
made sure fridge was set to auto.
checked all connections and made sure they were good and tight

So I left and I got a phone call from our neighbors 2 hours later saying the fridge is blinking again:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am searching on what to try and look at from here on out. I called the fridge company and they were useless, said i have to have someone look at it. I am a pretty handy person so I can try just about anything. Of what I am gathering i may have to take out the burner and clean it, and if its not that its my power board. Thinking this because it actually lights so that means i getting flame and gas. So it either goes out when it reaches the lowest setting i have it on and dont restart when the temp rises or it goes out for another reason.

May need a lil nit more clarification when it comes to checking wires and stuff but i can go most stuff. I called where I bought the camper and waiting on a call back, but figured i could find out faster before they call back.

Can anyone offer ANY advise on what to try or look at. I dont want to spent money in a power board when the problem could have cost me like $20 lol

Thanks
Paul
Welcome to the forum btw!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have had similar issues. Here are some things to check that have not already been mentioned.

1. Make sure your level. as level as possible.. side to side and front to back. Level out and then check again after a few hours and a few days things settle. check level inside your fridge if possible to be sure too.

2. Check your propane regulator. Switch using from one tank side to the other, Does the light still come on? Try swapping tanks and see if your still having issues. You could have a tank or regulator issue.
I have had a regulator that would run my fridge fine on one tank or the other but sometimes if an auto changeover would occur depending on which tank side it was drawing from the fridge would quit running but I could still run stove and furnace, etc no problem.

Check the screen on the bottom of the regulator for debris or frost buildup. If the screen gets blocked regulator will get finicky and fridge will quit running.

3. Make sure your not running into an over or under voltage condition. With two batteries, you should be ok running the fridge and not dropping too low but depending on the solar regulator your maybe your reaching a overvoltage condition?